Chasing the Cause

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
jaxi123

Chasing the Cause

Post by jaxi123 »

There is a new TV show on TBS called chasing the cause
We should all write in to get their attention. They research rare conditions and try to find cures.
Patty

Re: Chasing the Cause

Post by Patty »

I heard about this show & thought the same thing. I wonder if one of the pudendal hope doctors would be willing to reach out to them.
StarfireXO

Post by StarfireXO »

This show is called “ Chasing the cure” . How can we ask one of our doctors here to write and Ask for help?There has to be a way to get our lives back.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I think what makes it difficult to find a “cure” for PN is that pudendal pain and dysfunction are a symptom of so many different conditions. Some have entrapment of the nerve distal to the spin at Alcock’s Canal or between the ligaments, some have Tarlov Cysts that are compressing at nerve root, some have disc issues, some have muscle tension driving the pain, some have surgical damage from a pelvic surgery, etc. However, hopefully new treatment options will come our way.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”