No more morning erections after I hurt my pudendal nerve.

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Pleasehelpmegod

No more morning erections after I hurt my pudendal nerve.

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

A month ago I was pulling up a dolly with a washing machine up 3 floors and as soon as I got to the floor I had a really sharp pain on the upper side of my butt/hip then I started to walk really funny like I couldnt move my right leg normally. Later that night my piriformis spasmed really bad and now i dont get morning erections and it's been a week since I had a morning erection. Can someone tell me what they think happened? I've been having pudendal nerve problems before that incident. Me and my pt think that that my pudendal canal maybe compressing my pudendal nerve. But ever since that washing machine incident I haven't been having morning erections. My pt says my piriformis is really tight and it's been loosening up and I feel a really deep pinch in both my butt cheeks when I sit down but more on my right butt. I'm guessing I hurt my pudendal nerve. Our plan for now is to botox the obterator internus hoping that that the alcocks canal will release the pudendal nerve. Will morning erections come back? Can someone come up with a theory as to what happened in the washing machine incident?
Violet M

Re: No more morning erections after I hurt my pudendal nerve

Post by Violet M »

Seems to be some type of mechanical injury but it might be difficult to isolate it exactly. A manual therapist might be able to determine if you have lax or strained ligaments or SI joint dysfunction contributing to the problem. Not sure what your age is but ligaments can become a problem as you age.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”