Wanting a child but don’t know were to start...

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ouch270216

Wanting a child but don’t know were to start...

Post by ouch270216 »

So I’ve had pudendal/ pelvic pain issues with the odd bout of persistent gental arousal for 13 years now, I used to be completely bed bound with it but since having lower anxiety (been going to cbt therapy)and sex without organism( as it hurts for ages After) and learning my triggers and avoiding things that flare me I also had pelvic floor physo which didn’t help hugely at the same but I think it’s helped in the long run Im now a lot better then I was, I have a really tight pelvic floor and I think the sex must help with relaxing the muscles and maybe even help with the circulation and blood flow? I’m not sure anyway but I live a pretty normal life now, I still have flares and daily pain and still stuggle with long car rides but I can live with that. So my issue is I really really want to start a family but I’m terrified of the preganacy making me worse in the long run. I’m thinking about saving up and going to sayer clinic seeing if they can check me over as I still don’t know what was the cause of my pain, if my pelvic floor was to right which upset the nerves or the other way round and it’s not just the pudenal bit that hurts my lower back and lower tummy hurt also. I want to know if they have a idea how they think my body will respond as I don’t know anyone with the same type of reviews I can see through the nhs, it’s going to take me a while to save up though. Does anyone else have any advice with how I can get answers for pregnancy with pudendal issues? I feel like most drs don’t know how to help with symptoms never mind advice on the impact pregnancy will have on my body.
Thanks for reading I’ve been feeling fostrated and low, there always adoption which I actually really would like to do and wanted to do since I was little, I just want to raise and love a human and build our family and give them a nice home and upbringing but my hubbys not 100% sure yet if that’s what he would like so I’m looking for answers but don’t know I can get them.
Lorelei M

Re: Wanting a child but don’t know were to start...

Post by Lorelei M »

You may want to contact the Physio therapy team at Sarton physio in California. They have 3 offices run by Julie Sarton and her team. They specialize in PN issues and have helped women wanting to pursue pregnancy who have PN. Julie in particular is knowledgeable re pregnancy and pelvic issues. I just flew down to see them from Canada for some PN PT. How your body would respond to pregnancy would be a complex issue and working with folks very experienced in supporting that would seem wise. They do online/video consults as well. I have similar questions as to whether pregnancy would either relax the tight pelvic floor and be a blessing, or whether it would create increased pain and pressure---not to mention delivery issues (and no one can see into the future of course...). I am more concerned about the carrying term as the delivery can be addressed. Talk to the Sarton team or others with similar knowledge. Good luck!
Vuliope

Re: Wanting a child but don’t know were to start...

Post by Vuliope »

For sure that is not an easy question. Did you try to contact some places outside your country? I am living in my house in Jurmala https://tranio.com/latvia/jurmala/detached/ and heard that it is possible to get answers to this problem in a local clinic. I will try to pass by them this week and will let you know if there is news about this subject.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”