Botox this week with Dr. Hibner in AZ

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
A's Mommy

Botox this week with Dr. Hibner in AZ

Post by A's Mommy »

Hello all,

I am having my first Botox injection this week by Dr Hibner in AZ. He told me of very promising results from patients whom he has injected. The area of concern for me is the left Alcock's canal. So, I guess this means the Obturator Internus muscle.

Question : Has anyone had success or heard of success with Botox into the O.I.? I guess I'm just nervous.

Sincerely,

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Violet M

Re: Botox this week with Dr. Hibner in AZ

Post by Violet M »

I have not heard of many cases of success with Botox pre-operatively but it's less invasive than surgery so certainly worth a try. If your nerve irritation is due to the OI muscle being in spasm and impinging on the nerve you may be lucky and have success with Botox. Good luck and please let us know how it goes for you. ;)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

Good luck and keep us posted.
hilary

Post by hilary »

A's mummy - how did you get funding in end? Wasnt there a difficulty? Good luck with the botox my attitude is, if nothing comes of it, you have tried and ticked it off the list!
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Athena's mom,
Dr. Noor Gajraj in Plano ,Texas was the first one who started doing Botox injections in the Obturator Internous muscle in the US by means of the French method.He told me that he had 60% success rate with Botox injections.He did my bilateral Botox injections in July,but it gave me no relief. :D

Take care,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
LottaNerve

Post by LottaNerve »

Hi A's Mom!
I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Hibner (as he was my surgeon and I know a lot of people he has helped). Even if the botox is not successful, it is an important step in the diagnostic work-up of your case. And if it is successful, it means your pain is due more to muscle tension and tightness than nerve entrapment, which is good news. I had botox with very high hopes (not from Hibner, but from a qualified dr. in the LA area). They found that even though my pelvic muscles relaxed, that my pain persisted.
I hope you keep us posted and I hope you find some relief. My thoughts will be with you.
Sharon
http://www.icandpne.wordpress.com
1995 First symptoms of PNE and IC
8/2010 Dr. Hibner, left TG- failed surgery.
3/2011 & 10/2011 - Dr. Dellon, left dorsal/perineal neurolysis -also failed.
1/2012 3-day ketamine infusions. Pain-free for several days! Bladder flared from IC.
11/2012 Intrathecal pain pump (bupivacaine, clonidine, morphine) Dr. Joshua Prager, UCLA.
2/13 My pain is reduced!
5/15 Living life again!
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

Hi friends! Thanks for the good wishes for my Botox procedure. I had it yesterday. He also injected Marcaine at the same time of the Botox so I was blissfully numb for about 4 hours. I even sat with my husband and the friend we are staying with here in AZ and had Chinese food.

Not so well today, as obviously the Marcaine wore off and now my O I muscle and the other areas he injected (left side) are tender and sore from all the needle sticks. I believe I must be swollen down there too as my bladder is really acting up... Really retaining a lot and having to push manually on the bladder at times to get it all out... Bit sometimes this is a symptom of my PN anyways (not feeling as though my bladder has completely emptied.)

Even though my husband told Dr H that I've got worse in the one month since we first saw him, he still remained very optimistic that this would help me. For now, it's a waiting game, as the absolute earliest Botox takes effect is after five days.

For now, I'm spending almost all my time lying down and watching cartoons with my husband because we are bored out of our minds!!!

LottaNerve, did you get ANY relief from your pre operative Botox and how long did it last and then how long did it take you to get surgery with Dr H (who is just the nicest most down to earth guy ever). You can PM menif you'd like.

Ali, is your next step the arteriogram? From what I now understand, Dr Kalinkin is the diagnostic radiologist not the interventional radiologist. Perhaps she does do procedures though.

Dr H did go over my 3T MRI with dr kalinkin, and she also saw the dictated report from Potter. He said they were both impressed with what she saw but that's about it. Nothing additional to add.

I believe as well that if Potter is reading all these pudendal Mri's she needs to get involved with the pudendal people. It would be interesting if the people who had the Mri's with Potter ended up in surgery and the nerves were truly found to be entrapped or tethered as our reports (or some of our reports) have said. Follow up needs to be done.

So far, has anyone who has had a Potter scan gone to surgery AFTER the scan?

Sorry for the long post.

Best,
A's mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi There

Thank you for posting your immediate results of your Botox with Dr Hibner.
I suppose it will take some time for the effects to kick in.....at least you did get to enjoy having your chinese dinner....and maybe watching cartoons is good for endorphin production and if nothing else it gave you and your husband some fun time together.
Lets hope that your bladder calms down soon.....!

I always remember having nerve blocks in Nantes, and then enjoyed sitting having a fine dinner only to find out at about 3am that the pain returned worse than ever....however I do remember that with all my nerve blocks - (5) I counted up over 24 hours of little pain.....how I wish and have wished to have those moments back again.....!!!!

Take it easy and hopefully you will see some beneifts soon.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
elizabeth.w

Post by elizabeth.w »

Hi A's Mommy-

I have had Botox a few times into a number of muscles including the obtruator. I too had bladder symptoms as you describe for a few days. Mine got better after about days 5-7. I was however, sore from the injections for a good 10-14 days.

Hope you have some good pain relief from the injections!

Elizabeth
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Athena's mom,
I am having arteriogram on the 12th of October,Consultation with Dr.Hibner on the 13th and Pudendal nerve blocks on the 14th of October.Although, I am very concerned about the Pudendal blocks because the last time when I had them in 2007 with Dr. Quesada, I developed sitting pain on both sides.In addition, my right nerve flared really badly for almost one year before it settled down.I still have sitting pain on both sides till this day. :evil:
So Dr. Hibner and Dr. Kalinkin agree that the report correlates with the images.
Best Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “BOTOX”