A chair that has worked for me: the Sit-Stand chair

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
puffsplus

A chair that has worked for me: the Sit-Stand chair

Post by puffsplus »

This is the chair I use at home for my computer work, and I just ordered another one for work, just because I've been unable to find anything else that lets me work pain free at a computer. Oh, and I have to use a standing desk too.

The disadvantages of this chair, besides expense (I paid $590), is that it's not very moveable. One of the biggest barriers for me to overcome is that, because I'm a contractor, I have to park way far away from the building in which I work. The idea of moving this 60-lb chair, even though it has wheels in front, from my car to the building seemed insurmountable.

Well, my vendor agreed to help me move the thing into the building if I paid for it, so I just spent the money on one for work in addition for one at home.

So here it is, at the site where I found it at the lowest avail price of $590: https://www.standing-health.com/product ... 3549133833

You can get it with a headrest if you're on the taller side, too. You can change the config to use it as a kneeling chair. I still was getting foot pain if I mostly stood on it, but cutting up an anti-fatigue mat and standing on the foam pieces was the solution to that. So anyway, this plus a standing desk is the only reason I can work on a computer for long periods of time at all these days.

What's a bit amusing is that this is actually the bargain-basement version of a $2000 chair: https://www.standing-health.com/collect ... tand-chair
April

Re: A chair that has worked for me: the Sit-Stand chair

Post by April »

Thanks for sharing this info, puffsplus. I hope this works out for you!

April
puffsplus

Post by puffsplus »

Thanks, April. As I said, I have this chair at home, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine at my workplace as well.
MarcoAlvarez

Post by MarcoAlvarez »

I'm a freelancer. I have to work for long time while sitting on chair. Some times i feel pain in my back or in legs due to continuous work without any break. What if i purchase this chair it will be helpful for me?
mattreev

Post by mattreev »

Thanks for sharing. It might be useful

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”