Attorneys with Pudendal Neuralgia

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
cwb125

Attorneys with Pudendal Neuralgia

Post by cwb125 »

For my information on my personal health, see: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 17&t=10406.

The worst part about pudendal neuralgia for me was the fact I had just decided I wanted to attend law school before my issues started about six years ago. Back then, going to law school would have been stupid considering the amount of time, effort, and money I spent on medical stuff. Since then, I have been teaching at a public school in order to secure access to health insurance.

Lately, I have been thinking about my future since I feel like I am about as good as I will ever be in terms of my health. I am currently studying/taking tests to move on from public school teaching, so I need to make a decision as to what I want to do within the next year or two. While I am confident I could complete the course work and would be good at it, the practical problems of wearing pants in court, sitting on hard wooden pew, and the general stress of the job might be hard to overcome. My first question is has anyone ever heard of an attorney with pudendal neuralgia?

One of my "late night Googles" about my condition brought up class action law suits against medical providers who messed up on hernia mesh repair surgeries. Although I have no claim since my condition ostensibly came out of nowhere (I personally think it happened as a result of an older football injury that I took in my groin/pelvic, right on my bladder, in high school,) this made me think about law school again.

I originally wanted to be a criminal defense attorney or work around issues regarding public policy. A jury is not going to feel sorry for an alleged murder's attorney who cannot wear pants. In contrast, a plaintiff's attorney in civil cases might be able to use a disability to their advantage. Even if the case does not involve pudendal neuralgia, a jury might subconsciously feel sorry for a hypothetical future client of mine because of my pudendal neuralgia. They would clearly see it since I cannot wear pants regularly. It is also tempting because these types of attorneys get paid very well. While it is not what I had in mind as a younger man, I am intrigued by the thought of it.

Finally, and I hope the medical folks on this site do not ban me for inciting treason against the highly exalted medical community, should pudendal neuralgia sufferers start suing in order to get our rights back? I am not even talking about medical malpractice. Why should we be beholden to doctors who know NOTHING about our condition? For instance, doctors learn in medical school that pelvic floor therapy only helps women. It took me YEARS to get a referral for pelvic floor therapy. I am a living and breathing example that this stereotype is patently false and probably violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Why should doctors be able to withhold a diagnosis? I am sure many of you are trying to get on disabilities, but the hallowed medical profession cannot be challenged by a layman. I also read the disability process is extremely hard, yet we suffer more than many diseases automatically accepted by the government as a disability. Why should the Federal Drug Administration be able to tell me that Rapaflo and Silodosin are the same thing when, in reality, they do not work on me in the same way?
I am just curious if other people with pudendal neuralgia feel the same way I do. If so, it might influence me to go to law school and potentially help our community someday. Although I am sure some snarky medical professional will tell me I am wrong, all I have to say is I wish you could walk a mile with pudendal neuralgia and see if you feel the same way!

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”