New symptom after 4 years

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
harpstar13

New symptom after 4 years

Post by harpstar13 »

Hey there,

I've had PN for close to 4 years now with what I guess are the textbook symptoms: numbness/tingling throughout entire vagina/perineum along with stabbing/burning/electric shock type pain, cold spots, worse with sitting etc. You all know -- the kind of pain that makes you want to walk in front of a train. But within the last 2 weeks I've noticed constant period-like cramps both in my lower abdomen AND in my back. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had new symptoms like this that just crop up after years. I'll ask the doc for sure, but I don't even know if it's even related to the PN or something entirely new.

Stay safe and be well. If you suffer from PN, my thoughts are with you.
stephanies

Re: New symptom after 4 years

Post by stephanies »

My first thought is that it is not related to PN since the nerve doesn’t innervate that area. If you have tight pelvic floor muscles, maybe that could be affecting your abdomen? Have you seen a gyn for an exam and had a pelvic ultrasound? For back pain, I think an MRI of the lumbar and sacrum is a good idea, if your doctor will order it. This would also show if there are any spine issues which could be contributing to your PN. Hope you are able to find some relief.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
harpstar13

Re: New symptom after 4 years

Post by harpstar13 »

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it's so weird, it didn't seem like a common symptom of others PN either. I had an exam/ultrasound about 3 years ago but everything was "normal", but guess I should ask for another one. I do know that my floor muscles are tight -- the gyn said something like it felt like "steel cables" lol.

The back pain feels just like when I was in labor, where the contractions were felt in both the front and the back.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”