Burning pain after CT scan

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
meti

Burning pain after CT scan

Post by meti »

Hello,
I am 35y old and last year at the begining of october I was on my bussines trip in South Korea. After a couple days of working I was feeling bad with high fever and my korean colleague took me to the ER. They took blood and urin for tests, took x-ray and I told to the doctor that I have a dry cough -> obviosly I had pneumonia, but they weren't able to see this on x-ray, so the stupid young doctor suggested me CT-scan with contrast and I accepted :evil: I wasn't aware about the consequences of these scan :x ... and from here my nightmare :x began, because during the last CT-scan I felt burnig in my pelvic area - like a cell burned out and from that moment I constantly feel burning pain in perineum, sometimes it jumps to scrotum area which also colored red and sometimes jump to anus after using toilet.
I have been to urologist, dermatologist, neurologist but nobody is able to help me, the last one also said that everything is in my head :x I have symptoms of pn (burning perineum, pain while sitting, release while standind and walking). Last month I can sleep and I am a litle better, but I was very depressed and also I have already one suicide attempt behind (even I wasn't aware what I am doing) jumping from a high building, but somehow I survived and now dealing with consequences. I am now on cymbalta and have some release and every day regretting the day I went to the doctor in South Korea and took a CT scan.

best regards
meti

Re: Burning pain after CT scan

Post by meti »

Please,
can somebody tell me about red/purple scrotum, besides burning pain in perineum. Could this be also pn symptom or is something else?

thank you and br
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

I have also problem with high sensitivity and pinching pain in the scrotum. But this was not of my initial symptoms so I think this is rather a result of central senzitization and allodynia. Anxiety might also play a significant role.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
meti

Post by meti »

Does anybody know how a IV Iodine contrast interact with radiation. Because I have feeling that doctors in South Korea something messed up because they gave me a contrast 40 min prior to CT scan. I think that in this time contrast went to my bladder and when they made a CT scan there was a lot of contrast in bladder which interact wih radiation and heated up and damaged my nerve. Are around bladder also pudendal nerves?

thank you
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

The pudendal nerve innervates the bladder sphincter.

I don't remember ever hearing of someone getting pudendal neuralgia from CT scan with contrast and I'm not sure exactly what the mechanism of injury would be -- maybe the contrast close to the nerve like you said is a possibility.

I have heard of women with discoloration of the genitals from pudendal neuralgia but I'm not sure about men. Theoretically since nerves control the dilation and constriction of the blood vessels, maybe if the nerve is malfunctioning it would affect the blood flow to the area. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question for sure.

So the anus is innervated by a different branch of the pudendal nerve than the bladder sphincter. When you have more than 1 branch affected it points towards a possible problem with the main branch of the nerve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
meti

Post by meti »

Thank you very much for your answer Violet. Well everything begun during my CT so perhapse there was some malfunctioning nerve and a CT was a trigger point. But anyway I regret the decison to make a CT scan.
meti

Post by meti »

Hello Violet
Do the nerves regrow back or not and how long it takes to heal?

thankl you and br

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”