Antje Barreveld Newton Wellesley Pain Clinic?

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
falconmom

Antje Barreveld Newton Wellesley Pain Clinic?

Post by falconmom »

I know Grammy posted about her DRG failure with Dr Barreveld? Has anyone else had experience with this doctor? If so could you share your experience? What your symptoms were what you tried at this clinic? Thank you!
Grammy

Re: Antje Barreveld Newton Wellesley Pain Clinic?

Post by Grammy »

I have not been on the site for some time. To answer the question about my symptoms.....I have an extremely unusual case. When I had my second child in 1972, I kept telling the dr that I knew I was full term but he let me go two extra weeks before inducing labor. I had a forcip delivery and because of all the pulling my uterus was pulled down into the vagina. Six weeks later I had a surgery called a Kelly Fixation where the bladder was tacked to the uterus and the uterus was pulled vertically and sewn to the abdominal wall.

This worked until 1994 when after shoveling snow and lifting a heavy box, I walked the floor in pain. The dr thought that the old suspension was not working so I agreed to a hysterectomy. With the uterus removed, the bladder, rectum, and some intestines all prolapsed. I wanted to die..seriously. After four huge repair surgeries done at the big Boston Hospitals, I have had not a single day in all this time that I have not felt vaginal pressure and aching, burning pain. EEG testing by Dr Conway suggested three entrapment. I have done it all.

Taken every block, done three stim trials, bio feedback, acupuncture etc. my drg trial did not relieve the feeling of pressure and it caused numbness in my legs. Before I die, I would like to try a scs stim one more time. I am trying to find info on the new burst stim by Abbott. If any of you have tried this, would you please contact me. Second to my chronic pain is fatigue. I think fighting pain leaves me in a state of exhaustion all the time. I am allowed to take provigil which helps with that to some degree.

I honestly do not believe that the average doctor has a clue what it is like to live in a bubble of pain, fear, and fatigue.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”