My penis is numb... It's been 5 years

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: My penis is numb... It's been 5 years

Post by Violet M »

Pleasehelpmegod wrote:

Nerve compression from which ligaments? And were you able to see it on an MRI? 3t or Mr neurography?
Nerve compression between ST and SS ligaments and the falciform process of ST ligament. I didn't have an MRN or 3T MRAI.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
volans

Re: My penis is numb... It's been 5 years

Post by volans »

RKay_ildel wrote: Here's where my symptoms get weird - I do NOT have erectile dysfunction! I can get an erection just fine! And it's not soft either. I'm just numb whether I'm flaccid or erect. And now it gets weirder - my symptoms seem to be based off pressure. When flaccid my penis is not THAT numb but the numbness is directly correlated with how erect my penis is. In other words, at a full erection I am almost completely numb. Flaccid still feels mostly normal. As for ejaculation - I can still ejaculate! But only with vigorous stimulation. And I do mean vigorous. And it doesn't feel good until orgasm. Orgasms are not as powerful anymore but still feel mostly normal.
I have similar symptoms but have trouble finding good medical literature online about this because it almost always includes erectile dysfunction, which is not exactly a symptom for me.

My penis isn't entirely numb, but the head of the penis just feels like any other part of my body. It's like if I were to rub the skin on my arm. I can feel that i'm touching it, but no pleasure sensations are firing.

While I can get erections through manual stimulation, psychosomatic erections have been eliminated entirely. Before my chronic pain started, if I saw something visually stimulating i could get an erection without physically touching the genitals. Now the penis doesn't even flinch in the slightest no matter what thoughts or visuals i'm exposed to. Nothing happens.

I haven't brought this up with a doctor because since technically I can still achieve erections and orgasm (even though they are barely pleasurable anymore) they wouldn't find it much priority of addressing that issue. But I'm more curious from a diagnostic standpoint if these symptoms can narrow down where in the pelvis I have nerve compression. The MRI of my pelvis I had done didn't show anything remarkable. They did mention something about either my sciatic or pudendal nerve passing directly through my piriformis muscle, rather than underneath it. And a tight piriformis muscle can generate lots of nerve pain if that's the case. That could also explain the nerve pain I get in my legs and feet.

Another doctor I found is trying to schedule an MRI for my lumbar spine, though I have no timeline for when that's actually going to happen.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”