Netflix medical device documentary

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
quilter

Netflix medical device documentary

Post by quilter »

Watched The Bleeding Edge documentary on Netflix 2 months ago (it's still available).

Then I read the book (at our library) which provides more detail: The danger within us: America's untested, unregulated medical device industry and one man's battle to survive it. by Lenzer, Jeanne, author.

I learned a lot about how the medical device industry and FDA approval process has changed in the past several decades.
Acute left vag/rectal pain 1999 lowering into chair. Dx 2006 with PNE/VV by PTs, Dr. Garcia, Weiss, Hibner. Many shots. PNMLT: left PN barely fuctional. Left TIG by Dr. Hibner 2007 (ST lig). 75% improved 1 year postop, slow decline. Pelvic floor Botox 2010. Left sacral SCS 2011 after good trial; removed 2012 due to NEW left S2 & rectal pain, bowel freq. Re-do left TIG by Dr. H & 5-day ketamine 2013; 1-1/2 years postop 70% improved. New post-SCS Sx are worse than PN Sx.
April

Re: Netflix medical device documentary

Post by April »

Thanks for the info. My pt recommended the Bleeding Edge too, so I've been meaning to watch it. John Oliver just did an episode on the (essentially) unregulated medical device industry. All the info on this is scary.

April
Ethan1989

Re: Netflix medical device documentary

Post by Ethan1989 »

quilter wrote:Watched The Bleeding Edge documentary on Netflix 2 months ago (it's still available).

Then I read the book (at our library) which provides more detail: The danger within us: America's untested, unregulated medical device industry and one man's battle to survive it. by Lenzer, Jeanne, author.

I learned a lot about how the medical device industry and FDA approval process has changed in the past several decades.
Documentary bookmarked. I will Watch this Documentary ASAP.

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”