Neurostimulation not covered by Blue Cross

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
pne2010

Neurostimulation not covered by Blue Cross

Post by pne2010 »

I'm working with Dr. Barolat in Denver on receiving a neurostimlation implant due to damage from pudendal nerve entrapment, for which I received decompression surgery for in 2010 and experienced no improvement from.

Blue Cross denied coverage for my condition and I'm at a loss as to where I can go from here. It appears insurance companies barely cover any conditions for this treatment, and even if they do, they manipulate your diagnoses so they don't have to.
Violet M

Re: Neurostimulation not covered by Blue Cross

Post by Violet M »

It can be seriously frustrating dealing with insurance companies. I didn't know that the insurance company could decide your diagnosis as opposed to the doctor making the diagnosis. That's pretty sick.

Does Dr. Baralot know of any conditions that typically are covered, that you have in addition to PNE since most people with PNE have more than one thing going on--such as chronic intractable pain, urinary incontinence, urinary frequency, voiding pain, sciatic nerve pain, low back pain, pelvic pain, testicular pain, leg pain, foot pain, complex regional pain syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, pudendal neuralgia (not pudendal nerve entrapment) etc......? Sorry, just brainstorming here.

You could also go to pubmed and look up articles to support your position and try to appeal if you haven't already. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in getting my surgery paid for in France but you would think treatments for PNE would have become more mainstream than they were 17 years ago when I had surgery.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”