Can PN feel like skin irritation in the anal area?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
branzam99

Can PN feel like skin irritation in the anal area?

Post by branzam99 »

I have what I'm assuming is pudendal nerve irritation, likely due to overly tight pelvic floor muscles. I've seen nearly a dozen doctors and had colonoscopy, ultrasound, skin examination, etc. All of that came back normal. I know I have hypertonic pelvic floor, because that's something you can recognize once you learn how. So I'm assuming my anal-area pain is caused by pudendal nerve irritation or compression.

My question: My pain often feels like skin irritation, kind of like a burning pain around the anus and up into the gluteal cleft or "crack." It sometimes feels like an itching and burning rash, but when I look there are no visible signs of a rash. The docs have not seen any signs of skin infection either. So it's like skin pain without any obvious or detectable cause.

Does anyone have this type of "skin pain" associated with PN, where it feels like the skin is inflamed and irritated?

Thanks!
Violet M

Re: Can PN feel like skin irritation in the anal area?

Post by Violet M »

Yes, I had similar burning pain although in different areas than you are describing. It would depend on which branch of the nerve is affected as to where it's located. Maybe the inferior rectal branch of the PN in your case?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
DakotaGirl

Post by DakotaGirl »

branzam99 wrote:I have what I'm assuming is pudendal nerve irritation, likely due to overly tight pelvic floor muscles. I've seen nearly a dozen doctors and had colonoscopy, ultrasound, skin examination, etc. All of that came back normal. I know I have hypertonic pelvic floor, because that's something you can recognize once you learn how. So I'm assuming my anal-area pain is caused by pudendal nerve irritation or compression.

My question: My pain often feels like skin irritation, kind of like a burning pain around the anus and up into the gluteal cleft or "crack." It sometimes feels like an itching and burning rash, but when I look there are no visible signs of a rash. The docs have not seen any signs of skin infection either. So it's like skin pain without any obvious or detectable cause.

Does anyone have this type of "skin pain" associated with PN, where it feels like the skin is inflamed and irritated?

Thanks!
That is exactly what I feel like. Do you have any ideas, answers hope? What triggered it.
DakotaGirl

Post by DakotaGirl »

branzam99 wrote:I have what I'm assuming is pudendal nerve irritation, likely due to overly tight pelvic floor muscles. I've seen nearly a dozen doctors and had colonoscopy, ultrasound, skin examination, etc. All of that came back normal. I know I have hypertonic pelvic floor, because that's something you can recognize once you learn how. So I'm assuming my anal-area pain is caused by pudendal nerve irritation or compression.

Thanks!

Any treatments or anything helping?
DakotaGirl

Post by DakotaGirl »

Anything that has helped you? Please let me know. Thanks

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”