Has anyone managed to successfully lose weight?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Kibellboo

Has anyone managed to successfully lose weight?

Post by Kibellboo »

I'm overweight but struggling to lose weight due to pain and other factors. I'd really love some advice.

My obstacles:
- I already don't overeat, I have 2 simple meals a day, and then 1 200cal snack
- Eating less seems to always cause a UTI no matter what I do to try and prevent it (and the UTI triggers my PN)
- I'm mostly housebound due to other health issues
- I can't do strenuous activities due to other health issues
- I've had slow metabolism issues since taking and withdrawing from antidepressants

Am I hopeless? Any ideas? Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I'm hoping people here will understand more than anyone how difficult it can be!
Thank you! ♡
Violet M

Re: Has anyone managed to successfully lose weight?

Post by Violet M »

That sounds like a challenge. Sorry, I'm not much of an expert on the subject of weight loss but I do eat a lot of fresh veggies which seems to help keep moving the food through.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked to make sure you don't have hypothyroidism?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
cwb125

Re: Has anyone managed to successfully lose weight?

Post by cwb125 »

While I am not sure if it is related to the pudenda neuralgia or not, I feel much better when I do not eat anything with gluten in it. As a side effect, I have lost a bit of weight. Maybe you could do the same thing?

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”