Surgery for ED

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Jack_johnson

Surgery for ED

Post by Jack_johnson »

Hello, I just recently had bilateral pudendal decompression surgery in December. I was found to be entrapped by sacrospinas ligament. My main symptoms were severe erectile dysfunction and no sexual sensation. After surgery blood flow has seemingly increased but it is hard to test my erections because I still have no sexual feel to feel aroused. Is there anyone that has had a similar experience? Does anyone know how long it takes to typically see first sign of improvement from the nerve?
Last edited by Jack_johnson on Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Re: Surgery for ED

Post by Violet M »

Sorry to hear you haven't had better results so far. My primary symptom was pain, but for me it took at least 9 months before the pain started to subside and it slowly faded over the next year or so. You probably have to factor in how long before surgery you had lost sensation. My understanding is that especially for loss of sensation, the sooner you have surgery the more likely you are to recover sensation. I've known people with loss of sensation after nerve surgeries, not necessarily for PNE, and it can take anywhere from months to several years for the sensation to return. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. I know it's hard to wait though.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Jack_johnson

Post by Jack_johnson »

Violet M wrote:Sorry to hear you haven't had better results so far. My primary symptom was pain, but for me it took at least 9 months before the pain started to subside and it slowly faded over the next year or so. You probably have to factor in how long before surgery you had lost sensation. My understanding is that especially for loss of sensation, the sooner you have surgery the more likely you are to recover sensation. I've known people with loss of sensation after nerve surgeries, not necessarily for PNE, and it can take anywhere from months to several years for the sensation to return. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. I know it's hard to wait though.
Thank you so much for your reply. My symptoms started 1 year before surgery so I’m hoping I caught it at a good time. I’ve noticed most people see results around month 9 and 10 so I’m hoping I fall in that category.
April

Post by April »

Hi Jack,

Like Violet, my symptom was pain. I did have some immediate reduction in pain shortly after the surgery, but then the pain fluctuated but very very gradually improved over the next couple of years. (I still have pain but it is manageable.) So I think it can take a very long time.

April
zazzaleon

Post by zazzaleon »

Hi Jack ,

Hope you are feeling better

Do you have any update ?
benraycamp0

Post by benraycamp0 »

Hi Jack! I sent you a DM asking about the surgery with Bollens

Return to “SURGERY”