A cushion that let me sit on metal chairs

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Swick89

A cushion that let me sit on metal chairs

Post by Swick89 »

Hi all,
I have had pudendal neuralgia for 10 years, its been hell. I’ve head injections and a neuromodulator (nothing much has helped the pain asides from internal trigger point massage). Like most of you i have a museum of cushions, increasingly thicker foam cushions includes one’s i made myself. It naturally has had a large impact on my life, i dont go out since i know ever with my foam cushion i wont be able to sit on most chairs. Especially wood chairs or metal chair (going to restaurant always used to involve huge amount of research about their chairs). I’ve read all the forum posts, and was interested in a using a roho pressure sore cushion (air fingers). But because i have a very sensitive perinium, i found it very uncomfortable. That was until, by pure chance I came across this on the ebay. A man had created a custom roho cushion, with a T shape in the middle so no air fingers/material under my perinium or ischial tuberosities. This cushion HAS BEEN LIFE CHANGING. I never knew roho cushions could be custom made. For the first time in my life i can sit on metal chair or wood chairs, because unlike foam, air in the custom made roho doesnt escape. Sitting on a metal chair is just as comfortable as siting on a soft chair. I didnt even now roho custom makes cushions, and surprisingly they are only about 200 dollars more expensive than their usual quadtroselect cushions. Yes they are expensive overall, but worth every cent in my opinion. I wanted to share this with you. I’ve measured my cushions and all its dimensions, in case you wanted to copy (you just have to call your local roho distributor). Surpringly they barely advertise the fact that they can make custom cushions.

Do consider this cushion, it is expensive but oh so worth it. (By the way, I have no affiliation with roho. I am a psychiatry doctor from Australia who has spent the last decade missing out of many aspect of life due to my inability to sit)

All the best everyone.
Attachments
5039740D-891D-4B14-9FE5-5B6B4416E959.jpeg
5039740D-891D-4B14-9FE5-5B6B4416E959.jpeg (440.54 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
FC71CCE5-AC87-4C2E-8CF2-D9CC57625A53.png
FC71CCE5-AC87-4C2E-8CF2-D9CC57625A53.png (741.15 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
10682BA7-D5ED-4715-BAC4-62EF99A009C7.png
10682BA7-D5ED-4715-BAC4-62EF99A009C7.png (202.63 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Swick89

Re: A cushion that let me sit on metal chairs

Post by Swick89 »

By the way, I also wanted to post another design which has been quite good (but not as good as the roho). I bought a purple cushion (wondergel) a cut a T shaped hole in the middle with a Stanley knife, the structural integrity was maintained very well.
pud52

Post by pud52 »

Hi Swick89,

I just came across your article about a custom roho cushions and had a few questions, if you don't mind.

I've had PN for over 10 years and like many have tried an array of cushions to help with sitting. Most don't work but have found some relief in certain U shaped cushions (travel pillows). So, when I saw your arcticle, I was interested in getting more information.

Is the Roho cushion still working for you?

Did you come up with the T shaped design?

PN pain is very individual, what are the chances the cushion that works for you will work well for others?

How does one go about getting a Roho custom cushion?

If you purchase a custom Roho custom cushion and it doesn't relieve your sitting pain, can you return it?

Thank you for your article and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Michael
Beatriz

Post by Beatriz »

Hello,
everything you published in your ad was very useful for me.
I used horseshoe cushions for a long time, which are the ones used for people with hemorrhoids, but recently I found a line from the Roho brand that is very appropriate for me.

Te name is the Roho Hybrid Select. It allow me to seat without pain.
https://bit.ly/32GQCvG

Thank you very much.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”