The process

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
jaxi123

The process

Post by jaxi123 »

I am told first you have to quit your work then you better hire an attorney to fight a two-year appeal process if after that you happen to win your case it will be an additional two years before you see one penny of your disability check
How is anyone supposed to survive if this is the process
sadie

Re: The process

Post by sadie »

Jaxi.... and anyone who reads this .
https://www.benzoinfo.com/2019/12/02/fi ... -patients/ if i did this right it is hopefully a link to a blog on the benzoinfo.com site and addresses getting disability. I am doing this from my cell so i am not sure if i attached the link correctly. I hope it helps , as it doesn't matter why one is applying for disability as its all the same process. I did mine so long ago i can hardly remember it. I do know it took less then a year and i did it myself . I had very strong letters from my doctors and typed a strong personal note and placed it in the comment section. I filled out the forms and got all the documentation and did a phone interview , all while withdrawling and crashing from valium and sleep deprived due to pn symptoms. So trust me , i know its hard, and the wait is excruciating, but you just have to try. I have nothing more to add on the subject but hope this will help. I am so sorry for anyone that needs to apply and pray they receive it ASAP. Very Sincerely sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I spoke to a disability attorney the process he gave me was too long to put here but said you must quit working first
sadie

Post by sadie »

Jax, i am so sorry ...did u go to the link i attached above? It offers lots of help, food stamps, food banks, contacts etc... open every link they offer.

If it was me, i would find a If friend to stay with and sell everything i don't need , ( that's actually what i did), get food stamps, and call local social services and explain your circumstance . ...( tell them u are applying for disability and it will take a long time) See if they will give u hotel vouchers till u can get public housing. I down sized everything. ...its easy to get overwhelmed , but i know it can be done .. After u go to the link to benzoinfo above ,where the disability help is, and use everyone of them ...then make a list so u can see what u have done, n what needs to b done. There are thousands of chronic pain patience who were in the same shoes , who quit jobs and are alone. I wish i knew what they did to survive. But like them i know you will find help if you reach out to Salvation army, Good Will, churches food banks, social services etc. I read your sept post so i know it must be hard and i pray this will help. My circumstances were different so i am sorry i am not more helpful. Hopefully 2020 will be the start a new plan for a new chapter on life where u will be able to not work and just focus on managing your PN . Blessings Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
jon

Post by jon »

Who told you you had to quit your job? I kept struggling along as long as I could, until it was clear I was about to get fired because my pain was so bad I kept making mistakes and it was taking forever to get things done that had always been easy for me.

I was fortunate enough to have disability insurance benefits through my work. They required me to apply for SSDI, then subtracted it out of what they paid me monthly.

Turns out that was a good thing, because otherwise when Social Security calculated my retirement benefits, if I had been able to work again, I'd have had a bunch of zero income years used to calculate my retirement Social Security benefit.

You get 3 chances for SSDI. Unless you're really sick, you probably get denied the first time you apply. Not sure any attorney would help at that step.

Then another reviewer looks at the application to make sure the correct determination was made. That's when I got approved, so my attorney got $7500 for doing almost nothing.

I was told by my attorney that no new information could be submitted before that review. I know others have been allowed to do that.

Lastly, you go in front of a judge, either in person or by video. There will be a vocational expert to help determine if there's any kind of work you could do.

If you're going to have to call in sick X amount of days, you typically get approved, depending on the judge.
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”