Anal play with dildo left me in pain

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
needhelpasap1

Anal play with dildo left me in pain

Post by needhelpasap1 »

Hi all, wondering if anyone had similar issues and what they did, if anything, to cure this? A few months ago I had a large and hard (6 in. insertable, but didn't go all the way in (maybe only 3-4 inches in), and 1.75 in. wide) dildo up my butt, and it left me with a big pain in my butt mainly but also a bit in my penis. Doctors don't see anything even after all the tests. It's been months and I'm going a little crazy... Physical therapy hasn't helped and Lyrica which hasn't helped either.

I'm in San Francisco, if anyone knows of anyone good nearby.
Violet M

Re: Anal play with dildo left me in pain

Post by Violet M »

I don't know of any doctors in that area who treat males for pudendal neuralgia other than Dr. David Wise, but his therapy using a trigger point wand sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea given your history.

My understanding is that ganglion impar blocks can be helpful for rectal pain. https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-lib ... block.html
That website has a Find a Doctor link at the top - you could try putting in your zip code and the words ganglion impar if it's something you want to research. Or you could check with university hospitals in the area to see if there are any interventional radiologists who do these.

What did your physical therapist think is going on? Did you have internal PT via the rectum and did it make your pain worse? Just wondering because if it was internal work and it didn't help, and if it made you have flare-ups in pain, then it seems like there could be more going on than just muscle tension. If it is muscle tension, I doubt Botox in the rectal or anal area would be a good solution because it could cause incontinence. Did the PT press on the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine and in Alcock's canal and was the pudendal nerve tender at those spots, indicating a possible nerve entrapment?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
needhelpasap1

Post by needhelpasap1 »

It is mostly just women at the physical therapists' office. Nothing causes a flare-up in pain and nothing causes a decrease in pain. I'm just in the same level of pain all the time for months. No one seems to have any answers. I'll look into those doctors, but I already had an xray and an MRI which showed no problems, but if this is not a muscle issue that physical therapy can treat and the nerve is not entrapped, then what could it be? What could I do aside from a block or surgery? Am I the only guy to suffer this?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

No, you are not the only guy to suffer this.

So, if I understand you correctly, I think you are saying there is no pain or tenderness when the physical therapist presses on the main branch of the pudendal nerve via the rectum?

How do you know you don't have an entrapment? Imaging is not conclusive for whether you have an entrapment, and some of the PN doctors don't put much stock in the MRI for diagnosing an entrapment. That's not to say you shouldn't have imaging -- it's always good to do it in case there is something obvious that needs attention. What other diagnostic tests have you tried besides imaging?

I don't know if what you have is a nerve problem but it's important to know that the inferior rectal nerve, which is a branch of the pudendal nerve, has variations in different people. For some people, it comes off the pudendal nerve more proximal to the spine (higher up) than for other people. So, a pudendal nerve block is not always diagnostic for whether or not you have inferior rectal nerve involvement. The trick for you is to figure out if it's your pudendal nerve, specifically the inferior rectal nerve that's the problem. However, since you also have some penis pain, that gives you a possible clue that the main branch of the pudendal nerve could possibly be involved. Sometimes pudendal neuralgia is partly a diagnosis of exclusion. You could check out this article to see if you fit any of the possible causes of anal pain listed in this article. https://www.ccjm.org/content/89/6/336

Have you tried a pudendal nerve block yet?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”