Laparoscopic decompression PN 1,5 months ago

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Pwr

Laparoscopic decompression PN 1,5 months ago

Post by Pwr »

Hello. 1.5 months ago I had decompression of the left pudendal nerve laparoscopically. Before the surgery, apart from my perineum, I had a lot of pain in my anus and after passing stools. Currently, the pain in the anus is worse and the pain in the perineum is unbearable. Someone from the forum also had this. ?
Violet M

Re: Laparoscopic decompression PN 1,5 months ago

Post by Violet M »

Hello Pwr,

Sorry to hear you are having a lot of pain. It is very common to have an increase in pain for several months after surgery. I was not able to go off narcotics until 9 months
after surgery. I used a lot of heat and ice to get through it. Healing of nerves is a slow process, unfortunately. Has your doctor prescribed anything for the increase in pain?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pwr

Post by Pwr »

yes, but these are ordinary painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. I'm afraid my nerve is fused or irritated outside the Alcock canal.
onlysams

Post by onlysams »

Sorry to hear you're going through all that pain post-surgery. It sounds rough. From what I've heard and experienced, nerve surgeries can sometimes cause increased pain before things start improving.
jobby99

Post by jobby99 »

Who did your surgery??
Yonatan

Post by Yonatan »

It is totally normal to have post op pain, your surgeon should have prepared you for that.

Return to “SURGERY”