Dry needling and Botox is working

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
jaxi123

Re: Dry needling and Botox is working

Post by jaxi123 »

Carlie are you still doing well and without pain?
Stenu

Post by Stenu »

Thank you for sharing your experiences with PNE surgeries and the treatments you've undergone. Your journey towards finding relief from pain through these procedures is truly inspiring. Are there potential risks or side effects associated with the pudendal nerve block and pelvic floor Botox procedure?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Stenu,

Anything involving a needle and medication carries a slight risk. I have heard of a few people who had bad results with Botox but most people don’t. It is considered a temporary solution since it only lasts for some months and typically has to be repeated. But for people in significant pain a few months of pain relief can be extremely valuable and for some people who don’t have a a mechanical issue like a nerve entrapment that can’t heal on it’s own, Botox might buy them enough time to heal and recover without having to continue it.

When it comes to nerve blocks, they can be a valuable diagnostic tool but according to Prof Robert, there is a risk of nerve damage from too many steroid nerve blocks and some research has shown that even lidocaine may damage the nerve. I can’t remember anyone who was cured with nerve blocks but I do know people who got worse from having a lot of them. So I think it’s wise not to have too many.
If you likely have a nerve entrapment it’s unlikely you could get PNE surgery without nerve blocks first.
So if you are considering these treatments, ask a lot of questions from the doctor so you are well informed what the risks are.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Carlie can you give us an update on how you’re doing now?

Return to “BOTOX”