New Guidelines for Pudendal Nerve Blocks

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Violet M

New Guidelines for Pudendal Nerve Blocks

Post by Violet M »

Guidelines are coming out from some pretty major organizations saying there is no evidence for steroid use in pudendal nerve blocks.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/39019502/

After years of reading this forum I am not surprised because we just don't hear of people getting significantly better long-term from steroid pudendal nerve blocks. So if you are considering a nerve block, you might want to go with just the anesthetic for diagnostic purposes, without the steroid. I could be wrong, but I think that would mean there is no point in doing numerous nerve blocks once you have a conclusive diagnostic block. Show this article to your physician if they are recommending a steroid nerve block and see what they think.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”