What causes scar tissue?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
drds89

Re: What causes scar tissue?

Post by drds89 »

manon13 wrote:....The study we really miss is a series of MRIs of normal people to check how they look like.
Manon
YES! people without PN symptoms as controls: males/females/young/old/nulliparous/multiparous/cyclists/post-surgical/sedentary jobs/etc etc.
Fell skating 2008. Abnormal PNMLT R perineal branch 12/08. Pudendal block +relief for several hours. Complete recovery, off medications, using cushion after 9 months; re-injured late 2009 doing yardwork. Major flare after injections 2&3 Feb. 2010. No sitting/hyperprotecting since 2/2010 to present. Symptoms gradually better, but not like the first time; still with pain up to 5, but 1-3 most common and 0 while recumbent.
Missingmylife42

Post by Missingmylife42 »

Pundendal nerve blocks causes scar tissue And Can entrap the nerve that's what happened to me.
MsRivers

Post by MsRivers »

Did you have a guided nerve block?
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.
Missingmylife42

Post by Missingmylife42 »

Yes all five were guided and none made me numb. The last one made me worse I font know how Just know that within five months from and MRI with Dr Potter and my last injection it showed alot more damage and for some reason it trapped the other side.
calluna

Post by calluna »

It is worth remembering that correlation does not imply causation. Many of us are finding this condition to be progressive, with or without nerve blocks. Although your condition has worsened, and you've had nerve blocks, the two are not necessarily linked.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”