Surgery in Houston

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Violet M

Re: Surgery in Houston

Post by Violet M »

Celeste, It has already been removed.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
GregT

Post by GregT »

Violet M wrote:Greg, I did not realize anyone was playing around with your identity. You have signed your full name in the "welcome newbies" section on tipna where you are asking for donations. http://www.tipna.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=411

You have posted your surgery report publicly on your website with your name on it. I fail to see how Ali has disclosed your identity but rather he was explaining that you disclosed your identity yourself. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have your surgery report on this forum I will remove it.

Violet
Violet,

Of course you've known that my identity has been being "played around with". You've now had to remove several of Ali's posts now regarding much of my personal information. Also, thanks for that 6.5 year old post which had my full name on it. It was a way for people to send me their donations for our website's fees. Never did I think that people would be using the fact that I told people where to send their donations against me, as you and Ali are now doing. I've reduced it to just my first name now to help you and Ali, in your minds, not think that you can just post my full name on here.

I'm sure that you cannot see that Ali was merely taunting me by printing my surgical report. I'm sure he was just merely interested in my surgical report from 10 years ago, and he just happened to bring it up on this thread. I tell you, what a coincidence!!! I now suppose that the new rules on "hope" are that if we can find your name on any other place on the net that it's okay for anyone to divulge any personal information about you. That seems to be what your reasoning is. Ali, who has now typed my wife's first name, my full name and my email address, obviously wanted to try and taunt me by doing this. That you could not clearly see this once he posted my surgical report after all that he has already done is nothing short of disingenuous on your part. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, Greg, I understand that you were upset about your wife's identity being made public and I agree with you that was not a good thing. Ali has been warned and has made a public apology. The information was removed swiftly by one of the moderators so most people, myself included, never saw it. If there is a similar breach of privacy in the future, more stringent action will be taken.

You asked us to take action against Ali for posting your surgery report but since you had already made your name public in the PNE community I didn't understand why action was necessary. Now that I know you don't want your last name public and that you have removed it from public view on your forum, I promise I will keep a sharp eye out for anyone posting it and if it is posted, action will be taken.

For the rest of our forum members ----- when there is a disruption on the forum the moderators can act secretly without explanation or we can keep things public so that people understand why we are making the decisions we make. I have never been much for secrecy so I ask all of our members to please bear with us and don't read this thread if it is causing you too much stress.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
GregT

Post by GregT »

Violet M wrote:Yes, Greg, I understand that you were upset about your wife's identity being made public and I agree with you that was not a good thing. Ali has been warned and has made a public apology. The information was removed swiftly by one of the moderators so most people, myself included, never saw it. If there is a similar breach of privacy in the future, more stringent action will be taken.

That's nice that he apologized for that, but he has never apologized for any of the other breaches (listed above in my post). It's okay, though. An apology from him is a joke. I just wanted to note that apologizing for 1 of 5 infractions doesn't quite cut it.

You asked us to take action against Ali for posting your surgery report but since you had already made your name public in the PNE community I didn't understand why action was necessary.

So you couldn't see that he was only doing that to taunt me? You really thought that it was just the natural progression of that thread? Surely you knew Ali was being a bad boy, simply using the fact that in a post 6.5 years old, I gave people on my website my full name so that they could send me donations. And, the fact that I offered for others to read my surgical report (the first ever to be posted from Prof Robert) is not an invitation for everyone to start copying that report when they're having a discussion, debate or argument on another forum where that person has developed a habit of divulging personal information about the person that he is arguing against. Surely you understand, that, right?

Now that I know you don't want your last name public and that you have removed it from public view on your forum, I promise I will keep a sharp eye out for anyone posting it and if it is posted, action will be taken.

No one else has ever done anything like this. Just make it easy on yourself and watch Ali's posts. He seems to be the only one without any regard for privacy or without an ability to discuss a topic without resorting to such measures.

For the rest of our forum members ----- when there is a disruption on the forum the moderators can act secretly without explanation or we can keep things public so that people understand why we are making the decisions we make. I have never been much for secrecy so I ask all of our members to please bear with us and don't read this thread if it is causing you too much stress.
You know, quick action other than just removing someone's posts, like a one-week banning might have nipped this in the bud quicker. I think that Ali was allowed to do way more than he should have been. That's why his butt has been booted off of tipna.
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
grerichm

Post by grerichm »

Hey Gang, can anyone tell me if the houston team does a trans-perineal approach, please see this website for the explanation of it. http://www.pudendal.com/

I recently saw dr marvel and he suggessted for me a pudendal block and then after if its successful then a possible decompression using a trans-perineal approach established by dr shafik. Can anyone tell me about this approach, and if the houston team does it? Celeste do you know who does that approach, other than dr marvel?

Thanks,
Gregg
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Gregg,
Have you already had PN blocks? Would this be your first time? I'm curious as to why you aren't considering Dr. Marvel?
Warm regards,
karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
GregT

Post by GregT »

grerichm wrote:Hey Gang, can anyone tell me if the houston team does a trans-perineal approach, please see this website for the explanation of it. http://www.pudendal.com/

I recently saw dr marvel and he suggessted for me a pudendal block and then after if its successful then a possible decompression using a trans-perineal approach established by dr shafik. Can anyone tell me about this approach, and if the houston team does it? Celeste do you know who does that approach, other than dr marvel?

Thanks,
Gregg
Gregg,

Houston just does the traditional TG approach as learned from the Nantes team and Prof Robert.

Greg
grerichm

Post by grerichm »

Hey gang, karyn, i have had pn blocks before, so i may do another, not sure if i should do it through ct guided or just an injection in the office. I like marvel, i just need to know the particulars of his surgical approach.

Greg T -- if the Houston team only does the TG approach, it may not be the best option for me according to marvel as his notes stated that i am a good candidate for surgical decompression, using the trans perineal rather than gluteal, but it is still a question as to which way i will go. My urologist referred me to both conway in new hampshire and marvel in baltimore. i saw marvel and now i am decidiing on which type of injection, i had pn shots in feb 2010, and then again in march and september 2010, so i am aware of them and the relief they provide....just not crazy about doing another injection..ugh:)

Thanks everyone, best of luck to all, my prayers go out to everyone,
Gregg
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Gregg,
You should ask Dr. Marvel the following questions?

1)How does he access the Alcock's Canal?Does he access it it like Dr. Beco or like Dr. Bautrant's TIR Approach.
2)Does he sever the Sacro-spinous ligament(the smaller ligament) regardless of there is pathology there or not?
3)What is his success rate when it comes to Trans-Perenial approach?
4)Does he use his fingers to free the Pudendal Nerve in Pudendal /Alcock's Canal like Dr. Beco or uses some other method.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
shljk

Post by shljk »

Dr. Marvel doesn't perform the CT-guided PN shots; he will send you to the U of Maryland Medical Center where Dr. Howard Richard, who's a radiologist, gives you the shots. Also from my understanding, having been a patient of Dr. Marvel's from 2008-2009, he doesn't treat men, only women. Maybe that's changed though.

Return to “SURGERY”