Lernica, LFCN is the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. And yes, the physician who did my surgery in 2007 did mess me up

. It is very hard not to wish evil on him.
Susibee, regarding Dr. Dellon, I really liked him and he is an exceptional physician. I was not surprised by the majority of what he told. What surprised me was what he thought about my legs which I wasn't sure I wanted the surgeries on my legs he was recommending. He doesn't take insurance and the surgery he is recommending was very extensive and very expensive. I wanted a 2nd opinion for the surgery on my legs so with some research I contacted a Dr. Ducic, he trained with Dr. Dellon and takes my insurance. Dr. Ducic has you fill out a questionnaire before he sees you. He sent me back a detailed note stating that in the over 8,000 peripheral nerve surgeries he has done that if an individual has more than 5 peripheral nerves that need surgery, (I need 12 on just the front, does not include my backside), the outcomes are not good and due to the invasiveness of the surgery and risks he felt a spinal cord stimulator would be a better option. I spoke with both Dr. Hibner and Dr. Howard and they both felt that the surgeries were too extensive and we should start with the known, the pudendal, see how I do and then do a more step-wise approach. The MRI with Dr. Potter confirms the pudendal entrapment bilaterally and the areas of entrapment match my symptoms perfectly. Dr. Hibner maintains his usual statistics, not promising anything, Dr. Howard is more optimistic that this surgery will help, won't cure me but should help. I have been in communication with Dr. Dellon who has been very receptive to doing a few nerves at a time. Part of the surgery he is recommending Dr. Howard can do. So the plan for now is pudendal surgery with Dr. Hibner with botox into the pelvic floor and maybe Ketamine during the surgery to stop any flare of the RSD in my legs. When I see Dr. Howard post-op we will discuss what the next plan of attack will be. I have my list of questions started for him. Don't know how Dr. Howard puts up with me

.
I am really reluctant to have too many surgeries for fear of spreading the RSD. Plus, more surgeries equals more scar tissue both could cause me more problems than I already have. I know what I live with day to day and if some surgery made me worse I'm not sure I could deal with that emotionally or physically. One thing I wish I had a better handle on is how much of my pain is central nervous symptom in origin and that none of these surgeries would make a difference because of that. I don't think that for my pudendal because my pudendal symptoms are much better after nerve blocks. I usually get 2-3 months of marked improvement in those symptoms. They are never gone but put it at a level that I can sit for a while, not have some constant unpleasant sensation in my perineum, and make my sex life much more enjoyable. It is an undending puzzle and many days I feel I am like an onion that the layers get peeled back slowly as the dr.'s figure out everthing that is wrong.
Thanks for all the well wishes and we have our fingers crossed here that this surgery will help decrease my pain.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner