Surgery November 2009

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jen9952

Re: Surgery November 2009

Post by jen9952 »

AliPasha1 wrote:Hi Jen9952,
This is a great concern because now it is coming in light that severing or cutting the Sacrospinous ligament is also causing SIJD,Piriformis muscle syndrome etc.This is quite alarming and you aren't the first one who has developed SIJD or Piriformis muscle syndrome after their Sacrospinous ligament was severed.

I believe Spirit42 has the same problem and her Sacrotubeorus ligament was repaired by Cadavers by Dr. Hibner,but she still developed SIJD or Piriformis muscle syndrome because her Sacrospinous ligament was severed and her PN transposed at the ischial spine.The piriformis muscle syndrome can be well attributed either to the transposing of the Pudendal Nerve at the ischial spine and the SIJD due to the severing of the Sacrospinous ligament.

I believe that the Sacrospinous ligament ligament needs to be repaired or sewed back just like the Sacrotuberous ligament as being done by Dr. Hibner,Dr. Antalok/Dr. Conway.
You can talk to Dr. Hibner for using a cadaver for your Sacrospinous ligament if he agrees to it or talk to an orthopedic surgeon if that can be done.
It would be a great idea to have a 3 Tesla done with Dr. Potter at HSS in NYC and see if your nerve became re-entrapped in scar tissue again or the rotated hip is the source of the pain.I belive that Carlank from Texas/Arkansas had her redo surgery from Dr. Hibner and her hip was found rotated and when her ST ligament was re-constructed and the hip rotation rectified ,she was Pain fee at the age of 69 and is living a happy life now.The 3 Tesla MRI by Dr. Potter would be the first step to take in the right direction.

I would also like to elaborate again the PNE surgery isn't only confined to decompressing the nerve but also maintaing Pelvic stabilty by not severing the ligaments because nobody wants trade one pain for another.It is a balancing act between decompressing the nerve and maintaing Pelvic stability.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Hi Ali

I have not yet had a chance to actually talk to Dr. Conway about all this , I have an appointment with him in June and I been writing a diary since the pain started, that I will bring with me, hopefully he can help me. The reason I see Dr Conway is that he is close and he takes Medicaid since I am on disability for another health issue, lucky me, I do not have good insurance.
I would love to go see Dr Potter but I do not know what she takes for insurance, or what she charges for cash patients?
I am sorry I am probably not making much sense, but my pain is unbelievable today.

thank you for all the information !! It is greatly appreciated

Jen
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Jenn,
HSS where Dr. Potter is the director of radiology does take insurance and there shouldn't be any issues.This is just like an ordinary MRI.

All the best,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
jen9952

Post by jen9952 »

Ali,
Not to sound numb brained , what makes Dr Potter MRI different than an ordinary MRI ??? does anyone have an email address where I can contact Dr Potter?

thank you
Jen
wendy7

Post by wendy7 »

Hi Jen,

I am sorry to hear about what is going on with you. I had surgery with Dr. Conway and felt OK for a little bit and then the pain returned. I went to Dr. Hibner and had the TG surgery done. It is a difficult decision to make. I would definitely try all non invasive techniques first, befoe opting for another surgery. Things like PT, Botox etc to see if you can get back to normal.

I hope this helps some.

Take care,
Wendy
Unlilateral Surgery 9/27/07 - Dr. Conway
Redo Unlilateral Surgery 10/15/10 - With Dr. Hibner AND Dr. Conway
Results - Fantastic!
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Dear Wendy,
Would you like to update the forum on your progress after your redo surgery with Dr. Hibner.There are always rumors running around that how much have you improved after your redo surgery with good old Dr. Hibner. :D

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

Hi, Jen, When I am in a bad flare, Chiropractic helps a TON! be sure to go to someone gentle. I was also told my pelvis was twisted. after the adjustments i take a muscle relaxer at bed time and the flare is much better the next day. Hope this helps.

Stephanie
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.

Return to “SURGERY”