Neurontin side effects

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Amanda

Re: Neurontin side effects

Post by Amanda »

I have to commend everyone who reached such high levels of taking this medication, on the lowest dose which i tried a few years ago.....I was totally off the planet and couldnt walk in a straight line; I was in a hospital environment and was not permited to take a shower on my own because of the side effects.
Everyone has a different reaction to medication but this one is not for me!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Lernica,

I am now slowly increasing my Neurontin dosage and having trouble with only 200 mg! Taking it at night and having dizziness, double vision in the mornings. Do you remember this when you initiated this drug?

thanks,
cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Definitely. As you can see from my signature, I have weaned myself off the Neurontin and am now only taking 20 mg. of oxycodone (slow release) a day, plus some ibuprofen for my bad hip. Didn't like the neurontin at all -- trouble concentrating, reading; weight gain, etc. Since weaning myself off the drug I have lost about 4 pounds, almost down to my normal weight!

I will post a more detailed update later. Good luck with your dose increase.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”