What does "invasive surgery" mean to you?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
calluna

Re: What does "invasive surgery" mean to you?

Post by calluna »

Celeste wrote: After a hysterectomy, they want you immobile for the first 24 hours.
That's interesting. Not where I had it done, they didn't. But I wish they had, because it was hard. Off the morphine and out of bed the next morning, I wasn't a happy bunny I can tell you. And I did go on to get a post-op infection, so maybe there's a moral in the tale...
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

calluna wrote:
Celeste wrote: After a hysterectomy, they want you immobile for the first 24 hours.
That's interesting. Not where I had it done, they didn't. But I wish they had, because it was hard. Off the morphine and out of bed the next morning, I wasn't a happy bunny I can tell you. And I did go on to get a post-op infection, so maybe there's a moral in the tale...
What I was meaning was the first day immobile. They always have you up the next day and it works out to around 24 hours of stillness. They do the same for a c-section, too. Contrast that with my PNE surgery, when they had me up walking that evening.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
calluna

Post by calluna »

I guess that the protocol varies from one hospital to another. I had surgery in the mid-afternoon, they had me out of bed first thing the following morning.

Return to “SURGERY”