Neuralgia v entrapment

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
ChrisUK

Re: Neuralgia v entrapment

Post by ChrisUK »

Hi Catherine
Yes, seen consultant who performed today and he confirmed 1000units (one thousand units). I havent heard of anyone else anywhere getting close to this dose and I read last week that 3000units would be fatal so guess no wonder am struggling. He said he has had great success at this level with prev patients and was done by Dr Greenslade (Anaesthetist) and Mr Dixon who are often mentioned in high regard on this PN site. Obviously have my own views about surgeon but dont think fair i share. It Will be 3 weeks tomorrow so wishing time away and hoping hasnt done any lasting damage.
Chris
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Chris, I agree 1000 units sounds like a lot but at least with Botox you can hope that it will wear off in a few months. Good for you for getting through your day at work but I hope things will be improving more for you soon.

So maybe your neuralgia is primarily associated with the distal inferior rectal nerve which branches off the pudendal at different places depending on the patient. That might explain why touch pressure on the PN was not conclusive of PN pain. But also could be the terminal nerve branches or memory of pain with muscles in spasm but if it was due to muscles in spasm it seems Botox would have helped more by now.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ChrisUK

Post by ChrisUK »

Thanks violet, will look into what you mention. Chris

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”