New Pain Location in Upper Back Thighs and Inner Thighs

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Faith

Re: New Pain Location in Upper Back Thighs and Inner Thighs

Post by Faith »

I read Dellon's lastest chapter on pelvic pain again and he gives the example of a pt who had PFCN and PN entrapement and it required two surgeries. Personally I don't agree with severing the ST ligament (especially in my cause because I have some SIJD) so IF I have PN decompression surgery I prefer Hibner's approach although it is concerning to read LottaNerve's experience (see Ali's post of her words on TIPNA) on this thread http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =44&t=1906 She thinks that Hibner's surgery entraped her inferior cluneal nerves. I don't know what I think of that...have to research more. I guess anything is possible especially with nerves lying so close to one another.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Hi, I don't know if her surgery for sure caused the entrapment or if it was already there, I would have to know her full history and even then it might be hard for me to know for sure, but it is possible I guess that this happened. As far as cluneal nerves go though Dellon is one of the best for decompressing or helping them and it would be a separate surgery.
Shawn
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
pdn

Post by pdn »

hi, I've always had burning pain in upper and inner posterior thighs, buttocls, and perineum pain more dull-like. Agree with you that compression of nerves probably happening proximal to alcocks canal towards sacral plexus where posterior cutaneous and cluneal nerves are involved, pdn
Faith

Post by Faith »

What are you saying pdn...you think they are all compressed (PN, PFC, inferior cluneal)? Or just we get that reaction from PN compression and it's close proximity to the other nerves like the PFC?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”