IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
jacko

Re: IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Post by jacko »

Thanks for the quick reply I think ill give it a try.

Jacko
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

and I weigh 115 but I prefer the 3 inch firm or the 2 inch firm. they soften up after a few days... and the more separation from me and the trough, the better. the trough is about 3-4 inches wide.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
donstore

Post by donstore »

Love the :D IC Cushion. Found the E cushion (3inches of firm foam) too hard on my ischial tuberosities but the D cushion ( 2inches of firm foam) was just right ( I weigh 185 lbs.). The cover from the E cushion is perfect on the D cushion (looser across the middle but still fits) Got a new cushion today from Amazon called the Airgo Active Seat Cushion from Germany. It's two glute shaped heavy duty oval bladders joined in the middle with hand pump included. Also, zip off thick ribbed cover. 100 bucks but could be the cushion I've been dreaming of. Will try it out over Thanksgiving and report back. :D
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Donstore, Thanks for keeping us posted on the new seat! We can't wait to hear from you. Thanks for joining our community here.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
jacko

Post by jacko »

thanks guys for all the feedback its very helpful

many thanks

Jacko
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Pianogal,
Did you purchase the Hara Chair yet? If so, which model did you get?
BTW - I absolutely LOVE my IC cushion, too! Highly recommend the thicker foam! :D
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Faith

Post by Faith »

I posted on here earlier but I don't think anyone saw the post. Could someone tell me the width of the "trough" on the IC cushion? I have pain in the ischial area and want to make sure the opening will be big enough for that. Thanks!
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Faith,
The trough is 4 and 1/2 inches wide.

Karyn,
The trip to LA to try the Hara chair has been too arduous to make it worth it after all for me lately... but if/when I do, I will let you all know.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Just wanted to report back on the Airgo Active seat cushion that I got from Amazon. It is extremely heavy duty and has proved useful for leaning forward in hard chairs or even sitting on stools. It is two glute-shaped inflatable oval bladders conected in the middle with zip-off padded ribbed cover and comes with a hand pump. It is flexible enough to vary the angle of the pads and looks like it wil last forever (costs $100) I still prefer the 3 inch soft IC cushion for leaning back for prolonged periods as it gives wider suport and avoids sorenes in my ischial tuberosities. I am 5-10 185 lbs. so this cushion might provide wider suport for a smaller person. I take both these cushions everywhere I go and alternate them depending on the situation. It can be returned with a 15 per cent restocking fee if it doesn't work out.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Thank you for letting us know how it worked!

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”