Cluneal Nerve treatment

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Zachco

Re: Cluneal Nerve treatment

Post by Zachco »

Hello Ali . I understand from your comments that you're also interested in the inferior cluneal nerves. Do you also suffer from pain and symptoms related to those areas ( between the pubic to the thigh and on the lateral sides of perineum)? I also understand you have just had your distal branch surgery with Dr Azsmann . Was this operation located in the pubic ramus area? like Dr Dellon describes in his book (pubic ramus tunnel syndrome)? Do you think a distal branch entrapment can affect those same areas of the inferior cluneal nerves? I do have pain related to the distal part of the pudendal nerve (tip and bass of penis, urethra and the very distal part of perineum between the testicles) , but normally I have it only after ejaculation for about 1hour up to a hole day. I have noticed that long standing when having this kind of pain ,is contributing to it very much and in many times it comes together wit te "cluneal" groin pain) .I wander if there is any relation between the two spots. Do you know what is Dr Aszmann criteria of pain and symptoms to the distal branch entrapment? must one have pain in the penis all day long ?
sorry for the many questions I'm just a little bit confused from this penis pain only after ejaculation. It seams that this was my very first symptom even 7 years ago, before all other PN symptoms like perineal and rectal pain. That time I was tolled by Dr's this is a Chronic prostatitis. Eventually with time I was diagnosed as a PN sufferer , but when reading the Nants criteria of symptoms of PN I see this particular symptom is not completely related to that problem.
Faith, I agree with you, it is better to address and decompress all possible nerves and locations of compression at once other wise patients have to go through several rehabilitation's one time after another, it may take very long exhausting time and maybe even be very traumatic for the remained compressed nerves cousin them to by more painful and awaken than before surgery. It seams Professor Robert has a close state of mind as He has offered me a bilateral surgery for both Cluneal and Pudendal nerves ,after he understood I was very confused from my symptoms and he described my case as a defused pain. He even did not ask for any MR as he doesn't relay on them as diagnosis for PNE . He ask for MR only when he wants to rule out a spinal problem ( Dr Beco doesn't use MRN to) .From my impression I think Robert likes to open and see in his own eyes and be sure he have well looked for any cause of compression.
I don't know how Robert decompress all of the Cluneal nerve through the TG. I only red his article where he explains about the two separate operations, But I'm pretty sure he told me this is a new surgery he was operating in the last year and this is the kind of surgery he offers to me.
PN sufferer for 6 years . 3 prostate infiltration by professor Guercini in Rome 2010, one PN block and one Inferior cluneal block by Dr Riant in Nantes 2011, EMG,dopler and one PN block by Dr de Bisschop 2011
AliPasha1

Re: Cluneal Nerve treatment

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Zacho,

It seems that you might need dorsal nerve decompression surgery by Professor Aszmann.However,the pain could also be referred from Pudendal Nerve itself.

The reason that inferior cluneal nerve interests me ,because I am suspicious that I might have my right side inferior cluneal nerve damaged by Dr. Quesada's Pudenal Nerve block back in August 2007 and it is getting worse as the day passes.It is however coming from some of the patients from Dr. Hibner's ex patient like LottaNerve that Dr. Hibner damaged her inferior cluneal nerve during her TG surgery with him because of the midline incision in the hip.I don't how much is it true and God knows the truth.
The question is that Are there more cases of inferior cluneal that are overlapping with Pudendal nerve.That needs to be determined.

Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “SURGERY”