Dr. Andrew ESWT approach to treating PN on Pelvic Messenger

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Lernica

Re: Dr. Andrew ESWT approach to treating PN on Pelvic Messen

Post by Lernica »

helenlegs 11 wrote: It would be wonderful if Dr Andrew would allow his protocol to be shared and taught to other chiro's who may be interested. He did indicated to one caller :) that this could be a possibility. I hope it can happen.
I think Dr. A. is very willing to share and teach his protocol; his goal is to reduce PN suffering, not to profit from it. He will be in Toronto this week to make a presentation at a conference put on by Siemens (the distributor of his shockwave machine). Unfortunately I think most of the attendees will be orthopods since that is the only medical field (so far) that has accepted the validity of ESWT in published articles, etc.

Dr. A. will also be meeting with Canada's PN expert, Dr. Gordon, this week in Toronto to share ideas about treatment. I think that this is an exciting development as Dr. Gordon is an influential member of the Canadian medical community and can spread the word about the use of ESWT to treat chronic pelvic pain.

So I think Dr. A. is more than willing to share his treatment protocol, he just needs an invitation to do so!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
helenlegs 11

Re: Dr. Andrew ESWT approach to treating PN on Pelvic Messen

Post by helenlegs 11 »

That would be brilliant Lernica. I really think that this is the one thing that I could try that may make a difference, without having any surgical procedure.
Have to see if my other half would entertain a trip to Canada at some stage until his protocol goes global. :) You probably posted this in the past but at least others (Romania) recognise a similar necessity.
EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCK WAVE THERAPY (ESWT) FOR
TREATMENT OF CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN SYNDROME (CPPS): FIRST
RESULTS OF A RANDOMISED PLACEBO-CONTROLLED DOUBLEBLIND
STUDY
Zimmermann R.P.1, Cumpanas A.2, Hoeltl L.1, Miclea F.2 see attachment
Attachments
EXTRACORPOREAL+SHOCK+WAVE+THERAPY+(ESWT)+FOR+TREATMENT+OF+CHRONIC+PELVIC+PAIN+SYNDROME+(CPPS)_+FIRST+RESULTS+OF+A+RANDOMISED+PLACEBO-CONTROLLED+DOUBLE-+BLIND+STUDY.pdf
(68.28 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”