Lyrica or neurontin

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
DoubleEdgedSword

Re: Lyrica or neurontin

Post by DoubleEdgedSword »

I've never tried neurontin but can say my side effects from Lyrica are many. I'm on a low dose (75mg 2x/day) but I've gained a lot of weight, have swelling in my legs/feet, it makes me quite confused and sleepy, I have dry mouth, sweat more, and I have breakthrough pain on that dosage.. and it is quite expensive.. I also have depression (which Lyrica can contribute to), so my doc is in the process of switching me to Cymbalta, which helps with the pain and with depression. I'm on both meds right now, but I'm hoping that instead of increasing my dosage of Lyrica, my doc will help me taper off that and just go with Cymbalta if it's doing the job he hopes it will.. Being on both meds is very costly for me, as I don't have private health insurance..

Good luck to you and I hope you find something that works for you. ;)
On the road of discovery to see what is causing my PGAD.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”