update

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
calluna

Re: update

Post by calluna »

So glad to hear that you are home. I have been wondering how you were getting on.

Yes exact same surgery - LVMR plus I have just looked up what sacrocolpopexy is - he told me he had done that too. And similar time.

Mr D is right about things being a bit stirred up afterwards, certainly it was that way for me. Please please if you are not finding your pain relief sufficient, do tell them. Do not wait to see if it settles, do not be noble. Ring up the ward, or talk to your GP, if it is the middle of the night then call NHS Direct. I found the week after I came home to be quite difficult in terms of pain.

Take it easy, rest, and heal! Sending get-well vibes your way!
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

hi calluna
really cant do much more than rest, feel just like i did after my hyst as though i had been kicked by a mule and boy do i feel weak.
i am hoping that in time i will know if all the "facelift" surgery will have stopped everything pressing on the pn nerve and therefore resolving my problems and maybe then i will be able to get back to normal, whatever that is
thanks for your concern

andrea
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Best wishes andrea, Get well soon.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

Glad to hear you are home and that all went well with surgery. Hope you feel more comfortable each day and fingers crossed that your pain level decreases.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

what lovely ladies you all are!
i am struggling at the moment with my stomach griping and diarrehhea sorry if this is too much info, but i think surgery has upset my ibs D and also my bile acid absorbption problem so definately no movicol for me :o
imodium has been my friend for the past 2 years and continues to be so, never know maybe this will get a bit better soon as well
bruised and battered but hopeful

andrea
calluna

Post by calluna »

Oh poor you! I have no advice to offer, just sympathy.

It did take quite a while for my insides to adjust to their new positioning and settle down. I have, however, got used to my new 'normal' now.

If you are having abdo pain, maybe talk to the ward? - I had this, Mr D said it can happen after lap surgery. Different pain killers required and my GP was able to help there.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

hi everyone
well a week since my surgery, it really seems to have flown by. last night was a nightmare. really bad back pain aching thigh pain even tramadol only just took the edge off!
i am still suffering from excess gas which i think is what is causing the problem, trying everything to get it moving you dont realise how much pain trapped wind can give you and of course it doesnt help when they blow you up :mrgreen:
taking wind settlers so will see if that works

andrea
calluna

Post by calluna »

The back pain is from where the mesh is fixed, I was told. Not nice, poor you.

Could I just mention again that you might benefit from seeing your GP, when we added diclofenac in alongside the tramadol it really made a difference. I waited a week before I went to my GP, hoping that the pain would start to settle and thinking that I ought to be able to cope, afterwards wished I had gone along there much sooner.

The gas in the abdomen will not be affected by wind settlers - this gas is not inside the gut, remember. It is unfortunate but it can take a while to be absorbed. It can all quite painful because a lot of work has been done in there and things are sore to say the least. I did find that adding diclofenac helped - not with the gas, but with the abdo pain.

If things are not moving along through as they should, then again best speak to your GP, Movicol was what was suggested for me. I remember you had the opposite problem earlier.

I do hope you feel better soon.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

well i feel slightly more comfortable today and have opened the proverbiable bowels, i am a little downhearted today as yesterday the original problem of pn burning issues of the the vulva and anus seem to have come back with a vengeance. my husband says i am being premature in expecting everything to be sorted in a week! i think i am now so desparate to get back to normal that i expected it quicker.
i know i am probably still quite swollen inside which could be pressing on the pn nerve, i am so frightened that i have gone through major surgery for it not to be ressolved although there were never any guarantees.

any words of encouragement whould be nice

andrea
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Andrea,
Hang in there! I always hope others will be the one with the quick recovery but even if that is not the case it does not means the surgery was worthless just may take a bit longer to get there. The dr said I should be up and going to work at one month (you still could be that case) but at 3 months it was a struggle but I did return to work. I still do not make the full work week but am able to do enough to stay a full time worker using Family Leave Medical Act . I am able to sit with cushions up to an hour. It can certainly get better for you. Hugs and take it slow.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”