Has anyone been told to sit down MORE to cure PN?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
srinmav

Re: Has anyone been told to sit down MORE to cure PN?

Post by srinmav »

Strange as it may sound, before my problem became full blown and sitting became unbearable and before I was aware that I had PN compression due to a tarlov cyst, sitting often improved my symptoms.

Once it became permanent, however, sitting has always made it worse and not once been pain relieving. I think I may have had only nerve irritation in the beginning for which sitting some times helped. Once the nerve becomes irreversibly entrapped for whatever reason, then sitting does not seem to help at all.
PN symptoms since 1988. Full blown PN and sciatica since 2004. Diagnosed with sacral arachnoid cyst S1-S4 in 2006.
2008- 2015: Conservative management of symptoms by reduced sitting, avoiding physical strain, meditation etc.
2015-Jun 2019 Bedridden due to pain, wasting and weakness.
Jul 2019- Trying to find my way out. Scheduled for likely sacral cyst and cervical meningocele surgeries in feb 2020.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Srinmav, I have seen other people post that their health care provider told them to start sitting for very short periods of time and slowly work up on the amount of time to increase sitting tolerance. I don't see how this could have worked for me with an entrapped nerve but if you have tarlov cysts rather than PNE it makes some sense. How are your pain levels these days?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
srinmav

Post by srinmav »

Tolerable at the moment, as long as I remain conscious of what I do.
PN symptoms since 1988. Full blown PN and sciatica since 2004. Diagnosed with sacral arachnoid cyst S1-S4 in 2006.
2008- 2015: Conservative management of symptoms by reduced sitting, avoiding physical strain, meditation etc.
2015-Jun 2019 Bedridden due to pain, wasting and weakness.
Jul 2019- Trying to find my way out. Scheduled for likely sacral cyst and cervical meningocele surgeries in feb 2020.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”