How long did it take before you knew the outcome?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
molly

Re: How long did it take before you knew the outcome?

Post by molly »

Hi Sean,

This is a long hard road to travelnand patience is paramount. The nerves are the slowest growing tissues of the body, so unlike other surgeries whefe results are fairly quick, nerve surgery is not.

Hang on in there get astack of good books and sit it out, if only we could sit.

7 am one year post op and whilst better than before I,m still debilitated by pain, but hoping for further improvement with time.

We all inow how hard it is please try and look at a longer time frame.

Regards Molly
Violet M

Re: How long did it take before you knew the outcome?

Post by Violet M »

Dave, I was on stronger opioid medications after surgery than before surgery for 9 months post-op. I probably would not have called my surgery a true success until 18 months post-op when I could pretty much count on a decent day. It's hard to put definite dates on these things because some symptoms got worse after surgery for quite a few months and some got better during the first month post-op. I continued to see improvements for several years post-op.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”