Study with Dr. Coleman

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
alexm

Re: Study with Dr. Coleman

Post by alexm »

Hey Shana,

You might already be a member but there is a support group on yahoo and there are lots of folks who have had bilateral scopes on there. It doesn't look as if it is much tougher that the unilaterl scope. Here is the link:

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Femoroacetabular_Impingement

Keep well,
Al
I'm 37. Pain started suddenly in 2005 after heavy physical work. Had a two year period without pain between 2007 and 2009. Pain came back 2010 (too much yoga) and I finally got a diagnosis. Too many cortisone shots! No long term relief.I Don’t take many meds as pain rarely goes above 3 or 4. 2mg of valium once or twice a month. Recently diagnosed with bilateral fai and labral tears. Right side hip scope in July 2013...Second left side scope planned for later in the year...
beverley

Re: Study with Dr. Coleman

Post by beverley »

FYI: In scope surgery they use a huge amount of traction and slightly dislocate your hip to create space in the hip joint so they can get in there. They also wedge a large post against your labia!! Dr Coleman doesn't tell you this -- unless you ask. It can actually cause damage to the pudendal nerve -- although it is very uncommon.

Alex: how are you doing??
prolonged sitting summer -- Vulvar Burning, Vulvadynia, Urinary Frequency, Lower Back Pain, Numbness in Foot, Pain when sitting, Hip Pain
1/12 90% Better after Pelvic Floor PT and 10 mg of Elavil
3/12 Potter MRI
4/12 MRI showed Labral Tears in both hips
4/12 Hip Injection with Dr Jordon -- some improvement
7/12 FAI and Labral repair Hip Surgery, Dr Coleman, HSS, 10/12-3/13 99% better!
3/13 Flared - present,
7/14 Ilioinguinal nerve block positive

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”