Sacral Nerve Blocks

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
bikelover

Re: Sacral Nerve Blocks

Post by bikelover »

Well, I did it today. Doctor told me to allow 3 weeks to notice improvement. The pain while sitting did went away this time while the analgesic in the shot lasted. My legs felt numb though. Now the analgesic has worn off. I have not tried sitting, and don't want to, doctor told me to try and lay down for 2 days the most I can. They did another 3T MRI, spine looks normal, no abnormal things to report. The Doctor is very enthusiastic, in that these blocks will definitely help. There were 4 injections, 2 both sides at L5-S1, and another one down, in the sacrum-coccyx area. Crossing my fingers, and praying like crazy... No side effects, and pain has not worsened either.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

Pudendal pain can be all over the map I will post the research I have done and refrence it here.

It may help people locate the pain better as it goes up the branch.

I hope it helps.

Update: I posted it in the CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA section.

Titled: Pain and Symptoms in the Different Pudendal Nerve Branches
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Well, its the 4th day after the lumbosacral block, and nothing has changed... :|
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

I get numbness in my legs too when I get an injection. To the point I get what the nurses call "Dead Foot" where you cant feel where to raise your foot while walking and you kind of stomp on it because you cant feel it.

Days after my first surgery I stepped on a hornet and it stung me, my pudendal nerve flared up allot enough I called the on call number.

Dr, Conway told me that the pudendal nerve root is shared with the legs.

It's like when you get a shot of novacane by the dentist and your whole face goes numb even tough the shot was only for the tooth.

I hope things go well for you. I'm looking into a pain pump at the S2 area myself. Trying to find a Dr. that has experience in the Boston area.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

bikelover wrote:That's interesting, so none of the blocks offered you any temporal relief for the pain, how did they affect in your diagnosis to consider the PNE surgery? I tought one should feel relief even if for a couple of hours to confirm that the P nerve is the source of the problems and might be entrapped...?
I had partial relief -- never complete relief from nerve blocks. Partial relief was considered diagnostic but history, symptoms, and clinical exam are also considered important.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”