ANYONE HAVING DIZZINESS WITH LYRICA/PREGABALIN

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
chillijava

Re: ANYONE HAVING DIZZINESS WITH LYRICA/PREGABALIN

Post by chillijava »

i have upped my dose to 50mg at night at the moment not really seeing any improvement yet but i know its still a very tiny dose and i dont think i will see any improvement for a while until i hit a bigger dose, but the side effects arent too bad at the moment.
still not sleeping too good, cant seem to stay asleep and i have started having sweating at night in bed, like when you go through the menopause, but i went through that ages ago, so i am wondering if that and the insomnia are side effects, has anyone else had this happen?

andrea
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

It took me a full 2 months and a half to get pain relief from the amitriptyline, it is the same with this type of drug (so say the ladies at my support group for pelvic pain)
for some of them lyrica only started working after months and months! Side effects also lasted 5 weeks for me....you should try and stay on it, just be patient, it sucks, I know, but what else can we do
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

well i am now up to 75mg at night and really proud of myself for sticking to it, i know this is not a big deal for a lot of you but i am so scared of taking meds that this is a big break through for me, i am taking it really slowly and my next step is to upe my dose to 25mg in the morning and also to keep on taking the 75mg at night, i am also starting to now see a clinical psychologist to help with my fear of meds and illnesses, so maybe this will help as well, side effects not too bad but they do upset my stomach which is not good when you have ibs as well!

andrea
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Andrea, maybe if you take them with food it will help a little with the nausea? Good for you for sticking with it. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

well the nausea is a bit better but i am not feeling too good at the moment, some of my pain has come back and it feels a bit like i did before i started the lyrica, i will be increasing my dose tomorrow as i think my body has now got used to the 75mg and it needs to be increased, is this what happens that symptoms come back not quite as bad as before when you need to up the dose

andrea
kassie

Post by kassie »

Hi Andrea

I have been on pregabalin over a year now and found that every time i increased the dose, the pain would lessen for a few weeks, and then level off. I too had grogginess, double vision, tiredness, and some nausea for the first 3 weeks i started it. I would suggest you split your doses so that you take two pills at night and then one in the morning and one in the afternoon. That way you can sleep off the side-effects.
Kassie

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”