Underwear

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
make-it-stop

Re: Underwear

Post by make-it-stop »

Thanks. I'll probably try that if leggings ever go out of style again. I also saw pajama jeans somewhere online - pajamas that look just like jeans, ha ha.
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Loose elasticate d trousers and now weather is a bit brighter long stretchy maxi dresses but still no underwear. When I'm changing after going for a swim I normally make a pretence that I've forgotten to pack underwear for fear of looking like a "good time girl!"
I went to a wedding last weekend and made the huge mistake of wearing control pants, caused a huge flare up in future prefer to look slightly over weight.
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Loose elasticated trousers and now weather is brighter long stretchy maxi dresses but still no underwear. If I'm changing communally after a swim I make a real pretence of looking in my bag claiming I have forgot to pack underwear for fear of being perceived as a "good time girl"
Made the mistake a while ago of wearing control pants under a dress to a wedding, caused a huge flare up of pain and next time will prefer to look slightly over weight. Have put on stone and a half since hysterectomy last June 2013 then TG bilateral decompression surgery Jan 2014, even though pregablin are vital at the moment I find they keep the weight on as my diet is good and virtually fat free.
I have to say when you have PN/PNE vanity and glamour take a very poor second place. Never though at 41yrs I'd go from my tight fitting jeans to elasticated shapeless trousers but comfort wins the day
We could start our own PN FASHION RANGE!!
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

Yes, comfort certainly takes a front seat to looking good under this circumstance. I wear baggy sweatpants at home and leggings when I go out. Just looking at jeans makes me cringe. I have gained a lot of weight, too (I think it is from the methadone). Have gone from 95 lbs to 130 lbs over the last two years!
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Totally agree jeans are definitely out of the equation, I've hidden mine in another room so I don't get a sad reminder of what I cannot wear. I've also put on weight I was size8/10 last year now I would guess size 12/14! I used to use the gym loads before and loved it but obviously now that's out of bounds. I do manage to swim gently several times a week only kicking my legs using a float but it's a start as I find w a liking very painful and can only manage short distances
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Positivepoppy wrote: I've hidden mine in another room so I don't get a sad reminder of what I cannot wear.
I have not had the operation but have done the same with my clothes - put everything away that i can't wear now in a large plastic tub.
It sort of makes you feel a bit better to put it all to one side.
I am now doing most clothes shopping on the internet - always looking for A line skirts now not always with much luck.
Found Ebay handy for 'Brand new with tags' for a couple of skirts - also a distraction to spend time looking on there and a positive feeling when you find something.

Rosemary
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Ditto, I'm on first name terms with my postman as I have so many parcels delivered, my husband goes nuts as I'm not able to work and I should be economising, but thankfully he understands that EBAY trawling keeps me sane and buoyant!
Happy shopping!
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

It is a big help to have an understanding husband -i am not sure where i would be without mine now.

Rosemary x
rainyday

Post by rainyday »

No jeans for me either. Haven't worn them in almost 20 years. Very sad to see them in my closet. I like(d) Gap 100% cotton bikini underwear. They weren't really small like bikinis but they called them bikinis. I used to get XL. The elastic was not too tight, nor too thick and they washed well. Of course, they don't seem to make them anymore. I have approx. 6 pairs left, not sure what I'm gonna do when these go... but I'd rather not think about it until the day arrives. I've looked around here and there but can't find anything. I'm putting it on my 'try not to worry too much, right now, maybe they will start making them again' list and I hope they do.

Lily
quilter

Post by quilter »

My favorite for several years has been a Hanes Microfiber (sorry, can't find the packaging). 87% polyester, 13% spandex with cotton crotch. They are thin, soft, and like a second skin. Come in several styles (full to bikini), colors & patterns, 3 to a pack. When my vulvodynia was bad I bought them 1-2 sizes larger than normal. Always found at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. The only downside is if you need to wear a pad or panty-liner for periods or use of lidocaine or suppositories (which can permanently stain pants). Pads don't stick well to the poly so I put a tiny safety pin at the top of the front pad end.

Even though my VV is currently gone postop, still love these due to softness and no panty lines!
Acute left vag/rectal pain 1999 lowering into chair. Dx 2006 with PNE/VV by PTs, Dr. Garcia, Weiss, Hibner. Many shots. PNMLT: left PN barely fuctional. Left TIG by Dr. Hibner 2007 (ST lig). 75% improved 1 year postop, slow decline. Pelvic floor Botox 2010. Left sacral SCS 2011 after good trial; removed 2012 due to NEW left S2 & rectal pain, bowel freq. Re-do left TIG by Dr. H & 5-day ketamine 2013; 1-1/2 years postop 70% improved. New post-SCS Sx are worse than PN Sx.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”