Scared for nerve block, should i do it?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Patty

Re: Scared for nerve block, should i do it?

Post by Patty »

Karyn
We're your injections before or after surgery? In my opinion if you needed injections after surgery than the surgery did not work.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Thank you for your opinion, Patty. My injections were before surgery.
Just FYI ... it's not uncommon for some PN surgeons to recommend blocks after surgery to hypothetically de-sensitize the nerves. ;)

Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
sadie

Post by sadie »

I was permanently made worse by the pudendal nerve block that i received in a hospital in MD. The blocks gave me severe PGAD . I did not get the blocks from Dr. Conway. But after the blocks gave me PGAD, I came to him and he was aware of my history and how i got the PGAD. The doctor that gave me the PNB in MD. admitted that he caused the PGAD and said I had a 1% chance of getting it . (I was told that after the fact, and in front of my father that was with me at the appointment, specifically because I did not want it later to be the Doctor's word against mine) I had my first bi-lateral pudendal nerve decompression surgery w/ clitoral neurectomy with Dr. Conway and it saved my life. The surgery stopped the arousal in the clitoris and on the left side (that is, with medication), however the right side still has PGAD. I had a second PND surgery in 2013 with Dr.Hibner and the right side is still hell ...but I have to stay hopeful because it has only been a year....and lots can happen after the 1 year mark.
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”