Anyone tried the Hara chair?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
smitzel

Re: Anyone tried the Hara chair?

Post by smitzel »

I have a Hara Chair and love it. Sit bones are still on seet but a gap between cheeks for perineum to rest freely. I would often also use my Tush Cush on the chair b/c of my sit bone pain but it was not as bad on this chair. Not sure if they are still in business. Could only order them out of LA and it was sent to me.

Steph
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Steph,
How long ago did you get your Hara Chair?
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
yoland

Post by yoland »

Hi

I thought some of you might want to know there is now a US distrubutor for the hara tech chair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lCr4Hl ... re=related
the ones he has are the black version of the blue chair on the right
http://www.tradekorea.com/e-catalogue/h ... Chair.html

here's his info:
he takes paypal and credit cards
We are selling Hara Chair exclusively in the US.
We have a black color as following.
The Price is $399+shipping.( $69)
If you are interested, Please, let me know!
Sincerely,

From
DJ

General Manager
EB Homemart Inc
808 S Western Ave. #105
Los Angeles, CA 90005
C: (213) 434-8828
T: (213) 908-0807
F: (213) 908-0828

I got mine a few weeks ago, shipping was $69 to anywhere in the US.
I live on the east coast, UPS carried to right to my door.
I found I had to take the back pads off ( which was easy to put on/off)
to make the most comfortable sit for me.
ie tailbone sits on the empty space in the back that way.

It's not prefect but I can do an hour pretty easily and I like that you can lean way back if you set the setting to the loosest. Might would well for others as well. Also I took the head rest off so I can fit is in the back seat of my little huyndia and take it out when I want to be sitting. Slides out very easy, getting it back in is a 50lb lift and then in, I just kindof tilt get my knee under and push in
but I am managing that myself if I don't see a young man walking by to help.:)

Oh , I had my Pt fit it for me and she said for me to have it at the lowest setting so my knees were just slightly elevated or 90* angle from the ground. That way I am keeping proper posture and not throwing other parts out of alighment. So far so good.

Yoland
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks for the info. How far can you open the seat part? Just wondering if wide enough for perineum to be free? I watched the you tube video, but the man did not open the seat wide at all.
thanks
yoland

Post by yoland »

Hi,
Ill post tomorrow.
I wrote a long post only to find out I had been logged out and lost the post.
anyway of dealing with that on this forum, it tricks me into thinking I am still logged in and the I hit submit and the sign page appears?
calluna

Post by calluna »

yoland wrote:Hi,
Ill post tomorrow.
I wrote a long post only to find out I had been logged out and lost the post.
anyway of dealing with that on this forum, it tricks me into thinking I am still logged in and the I hit submit and the sign page appears?
I get this sometimes, my internet connection is rather slow and can be intermittent - what to do if that happens, hit the back button in the browser to get back to the page where you still had your post written out. Then click in the text of the post, control a (to select all of it) and then control c (to copy it). Then when you've got yourself logged back in again and have the box open to write your post again, just click in the box and then hit control V (to paste your previous post into the box) - and then you can just click Submit.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”