help for anal/rectal pain

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
mexico2003

Re: help for anal/rectal pain

Post by mexico2003 »

Hello again to make it stop: thanx for all your posts, they are always helpful. I am currently taking Xanax, Lortab, soma, Lyrica, which has caused generalized swelling, a side effect. I am also using a compounded vaginal cream that contains amitryptylline, baclofen, lidocaine, and neurontin. My pain is still unbearable most days, and rectal spasms are at the moment killing me. I must find someone who can help me before I loose my mind. I am a nurse of 30 yrs, unable to work now, but I cannot help myself; this is such la complex disorder, and I know more about PN than any doctor in Memphis. I have not found a single one who claims any knowledge of PN. I travelled to Houston to be diagnosed and also had decompression surgery there in January this year. My pain is much worse, and I was discharged with no counselling on what to expect or how to cope......I have been on my own with this, me and my GP have tried to battle this Dragon, and I feel we are not winning. My center of pain is in my rectum. I have the constant sensation of needing to"go". It is most distressing...laxatives don't work well for me, so I battle constipation and pressured feeling every day. I cannot ever plan family or social events. I cannot travel 6 hrs. to see my grandchild, sitting in a car is just too painful and takes at least 2 days to recover somewhat......I feel like I have no life, except pain and rectal issues...I am sure my husband is just about looney tunes, but he reads everything about PN and tries to help in any way. My Daddy is 83, and he witnessed all my troubles for the first time, this week. I wish he had not observed it, for he just broke down and cried, and has treated me like a baby for 2 days.....I needed a little pampering, but I would not have him worry about me, it will not be good for him. Keep posting, you always put a positive slant on our problems. Maybe someone can be helped with our contributions here. May we all find some peace within
......God Bless........

;
make-it-stop

Re: help for anal/rectal pain

Post by make-it-stop »

I am so sorry to hear about how much your pain has been affecting your life. I, too, have been unable to work for some time now, although, I'm hoping to work at something part-time in a few months, if I get just a bit better. You are welcome to PM me in the future if you want to talk. My dad also hates that I have this pain - dads are so protective of their little girls. Well, big hug to you, and treat yourself to an ice pack (but cover it in paper towel or cloth and only use for 15 min at a time), ha ha.
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”