Nerve block to dorsal nerve of the clitoris for PGAD

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Violet M

Re: Nerve block to dorsal nerve of the clitoris for PGAD

Post by Violet M »

Pam, I have to say you are a strong woman to continue working while dealing with PGAD. I don't know how you do it.

I know one gal with PGAD who had a clitoral neurectomy and it did help some but was not a cure. If you do have the dorsal nerve block I think you are smart to just go with the anesthetic for diagnostic purposes since you are sensitive to steroids. Why borrow trouble, eh?

Good luck. I will be interested to hear how the block goes for you.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Proudpam

Post by Proudpam »

Thanks Violet!
I have to say how wonderful you are to continue to give great input to so many of us! Trust me it is very difficult
to work with this PGAD monster but I have no choice.
I do think I will not have the steroid and see if that tells us something. I would be afraid if the surgery but any improvement would be good. Is a clitoral neurectomy a decompression of that nerve similar to a pudendal nerve decompression.
Thanks and blessings to all!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Pam,

Well, a clitoral neurectomy is where they cut the dorsal clitoral nerve and remove a section of it so that it won't grow back. I suppose there could still be some Wallerian regeneration of the nerve but I doubt it could grow completely back if a section was removed. When I first heard this gal had it done I was quite surprised but I read the surgical report and that is in fact what was done. Last I spoke with her, which was recently, the clitoral PGAD was much better (several years post-op) however it's not a surgery I would rush into or even recommend because it doesn't always help. I only mentioned it because you said that Dr. Conway told you it could be cut and I knew someone who had it cut (by Dr. Conway).

I suppose in a way continuing to work might be a blessing in disguise to help you get your mind off the PGAD if that's at all possible. I do wish you all the best with whatever you decide on the diagnostic nerve block.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”