My struggle and journey for the last 2 years. Need help

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
admir87

Re: My struggle and journey for the last 2 years. Need help

Post by admir87 »

Thank you Violet. I have considered if those nerves are involved. But I guess if I go forward with the groin surgery, I will find out.

It has been 2 months since the last BAD pudendal nerve block. I am still experiences its side effects of penile pain and pain after opening my bowels. I am very upset about this and am very worried about whether the injection has caused permanenent side effects or if they will settle.

I am experiencing a lot of anxiety over this. Not sure what to do about this. But am very scared
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I think it's too soon to conclude the pain from the nerve block will be permanent. Maybe you could try using some heat and ice on the area (regularly) to help promote healing. I think the best way to do this is using the alternating hot and cold sitz baths that I described in this thread: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =25&t=5267
I know it sounds simplistic but it really helped me a lot. I used to read and interesting book while I did this and it helped get my mind off the pain but was also very healing.

Also, are you already seeing a physical therapist who treats people with PN? Maybe they can help you get the pelvic floor calmed down if you have developed some tension there. Since you are feeling anxious about this, maybe doing these simple things that are not invasive will help things to calm down some so you can at least get back to your baseline pain.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pafen

Post by Pafen »

Hang in there. I'm in Australia too and recently had Botox injections which caused a big flare up as well. My flare ups usually go away but sometimes they can take a long time.....like a few months.
Allan.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”