VHI & HSE Applications

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Amanda

Re: VHI & HSE Applications

Post by Amanda »

I want to report that as of today I now have attained my 12th E112 Funding application with success.
I also got approval today of VHI coverage for my consultant fees in Belgium.
So in essence the HSE will pay my flight costs to Belgium and back and the VHI will cover my doctors fees on outpatient basis.
The reality of claiming all of this is a huge amount of paperwork and time spent by my Consultant filling out many forms.....however my stimulator battery will probably only last about 3 more years when I will require further surgery in Belgium to replace same..hence the need to keep claiming from both the HSe and VHI for continuance.

Today I am officially 4 years bionic its a strange anniversary to be honest...but one that has given me a certain amount of independance!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

As of today I have begun my 13th application for E112 funding. Im not so confident anymore aobut having a successful application. The office I used to deal with has now been decentralised, so all the staff that I once knew and could talk to are no longer there; so a whole new crew to persuade that I am worthy of funding even though its not their money! Dont you just hate RED TAPE.
The rules have also changed in Ireland, the application must be applied for and completed in two weeks; so my hard working consultant has to see me and complete the forms and submit them to the relevant office in the timescale otherwise the application is void. I personally cannot see how this will work, my consultant is a very busy lady who works in several hospitals; even allowing for a miracle and a slot in her clinic to see me and complete the forms, then the postal service has to provide in a timely manner.
Who gives the offices of the HSE the right to be so dictatorial towards patients who need care with Doctors who know them and are willing to treat them?
I know we are in a recession but this stance is unreasonable to be honest.

Watch this space as it seems like Ive a huge hurdle to get through.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Good luck Amanda,
I hope you get everything needed and that it all gets done in time.
Best wishes,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, Amanda, this is very bad news. You have always been the Queen of figuring out how to get these applications approved successfully. I'm keeping my finger crossed for you and wish you the best of luck!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Here is the latest update regarding funding......the VHI have agreed to pay my consult fees. The HSE are returning a new form to me as they ahve lost the original one, I cant believe it, I sent it by Registered post to ensure its delivery and then it gets lost in their offices!
I know I should be patient about this but given the fact that Ive atttained this funding for the past 9 years its so hard not to vent about their lack of capability. Either way I am going to Belgium in August to see Dr Van Buyten.

I will write a firm letter with this new form explaining the frustration and stress caused by their incompetitence.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Amanda,
I'm very happy to hear you got the funding. I can NOT believe they lost your form, though!!!!! :o How very frustrating! Will this hold the process up for you in any way?
Wishing you the very best next month...
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Do you have to do this on a yearly basis Amanda? Maybe next time it won't be so fraught as the system may be better established by then. Wouldn't count on it though. Why are there so many obstacles and mess up's on their part! A rhetorical question btw I can imagine your frustration!
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thanks Ladies for your support, Yes I have to apply every year for funding even though my treatment is lifelong.
I have so many huge paper files and many more that are electronic listing the many letters etc along the way.
I have sent back the lost application form, lets hope that they approve it soon as I see Dr Van Buyten on the 23rd August.
Many years ago I had the same problem when I was an In patient and spent hours and lots of money ringing from my cell phone to get the relevant paperwork in place before my surgery. Govt Depts dont you love or hate them!!!
Luckilly I can stand the cost personally but once upon a time i couldnt and it was scarey to be honest.
lexie

Post by lexie »

Hello Amandea,

Lexie here,
I tried to call u on your mobile phone Amanda whilst I was in Ireland but i thinK i may have had the wrong number I am not sure as i dont remember amanda. But I had to leave and here I am back in the usa for the past 9 months Amanda and nothing workings.

I wil have to return again in january as I am trying my last block for clitoral sharp pain. I am off the walls.

When I went back to ireland i was told i had to do a 1 or 2 year habitual residence before anything was considered and there i was 2 years and had to leave cos I was crying in pain and went to the emergency room in ireland and they cooul dnot help me but I knew they could not amanda..

So how do I get on health insurance so I can get to the Uk or France for help cos I cannot fly to the usa anymore--but i wanted to see my own dr. so much I was scared to go to the uk or france and I have some coverage over here which has really helped but now I have to come back with nothing amanda.

Can you give me any advice on how do I get myslef set up at home in ireland so I can get to uk or france and get treatments for this, blocks or surery or anything at all.-----I appreciate any advice or info on what I should do. i was so lost at home I did not know who to talk to all you were the only one I had but I think I had a wrong number. I am sorry -----YOu sound much better Amanda and I hope you keep improving.--love lexie
lexie

Re: VHI & HSE Applications--RESEND had problem

Post by lexie »

Hello Amandea,

Lexie here,
I tried to call u on your mobile phone Amanda whilst I was in Ireland but i thinK i may have had the wrong number I am not sure as i dont remember amanda. But I had to leave and here I am back in the usa for the past 9 months Amanda and nothing workings.

I wil have to return again in january as I am trying my last block for clitoral sharp pain. I am off the walls.

When I went back to ireland i was told i had to do a 1 or 2 year habitual residence before anything was considered and there i was 2 years and had to leave cos I was crying in pain and went to the emergency room in ireland and they cooul dnot help me but I knew they could not amanda..

So how do I get on health insurance so I can get to the Uk or France for help cos I cannot fly to the usa anymore--but i wanted to see my own dr. so much I was scared to go to the uk or france and I have some coverage over here which has really helped but now I have to come back with nothing amanda.

Can you give me any advice on how do I get myslef set up at home in ireland so I can get to uk or france and get treatments for this, blocks or surery or anything at all.-----I appreciate any advice or info on what I should do. i was so lost at home I did not know who to talk to all you were the only one I had but I think I had a wrong number. I am sorry -----YOu sound much better Amanda and I hope you keep improving.--love lexie
lexie

Return to “UK & IRELAND”