sleeping

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
hoping

Re: sleeping

Post by hoping »

I found that I would wake up with excruciating pain if I would bend my hip or knee while asleep. I just recently found a solution and it's been a godsend: Make a small crack between your mattress and a wall, preferably a very cold exterior wall. I can sleep half wedged in it so that my legs stay straight, propped against the wall to take the load off the rest of my body, with my good side in the crack so the bad side is in air, or with the painful butt suspended o er the crack. And when the pain is bad, the wall is like a full-body icepack. Blankets and pillows can be used for alterations/warmth. It sounds a little crazy and uncomfortable, but it is amazing and cheap and I think it could work for traveling.
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

I've been using the Comfort-U pillow ever since I was rear-ended in a car accident (which has led to PN). I can only sleep on my left side because of SI instability on my right side. Here's a link to the pillow I use: http://www.mycomfortu.com/

Also, if I'm having extra pain around bed-time, I will take a pain pill. Ever since I had to leave work (due to PN), I've been sleeping about 10 - 12 hours per night, with not many interruptions in sleep. Although my Fibro might have something to do with the oversleeping.

I would like to be able to lay on my back once in a while when in bed, just to give my left side a break, but not only does the nerve hurt, but I have bad pain on the back of my head. I'm looking for a really soft pillow for the back of my head so it can feel like it's floating on a cloud.
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
hojoos

Post by hojoos »

According to medical data, a significant percentage of people suffer from various diseases of the spine, including osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic regions. But not everyone sees any connection between their illness and body position during sleep. But one is often a consequence of the other. Thinking about changing my pillow url to an orthopedic one, what do you think?

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”