Bruising after TG Surgery

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Celeste

Re: Bruising after TG Surgery

Post by Celeste »

Oh yes, pregnancy changes the landscape! :lol: Scars happen. And the aging process is transformative, too. But hopefully a person can decide their children were worth it, that their surgery was needed, and their time on earth was well spent.

Grace, you funny girl--you'll steal the ankle modeling jobs right out from underneath me. Nobody wants to see my spider veins. :lol:
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Amanda,
Thank You very much for your input.

Warmest of Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

GraceUnderFire wrote:
Then again ... perhaps we come up with a PNE tatoo design and we make "butt calendars" to raise funds to promote PN awareness. OMG - I have to get back to work - way, way, way too much time on my hands :(

Grace, I'm all for it!!! And you did cause me to laugh, which I needed, thank you JESUS! :P :P :P :P :P
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Karyn wrote:Hi,
I'm not looking for commentary about the article - we can discuss that in another thread, if anyone is interested. I AM looking for commentary about the bruising of this particular, butt, though. :shock: So, TG patients - did your butt look like this after surgery? I'm specifically talking about the black and white photo:
http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/pne.html
Looking forward to your feedback!
I appreciate you don't want comments on the article itself however when considering the photo you should also consider the source[ of information you are viewing. It is relevant. It is difficult to comment on the validity of the photo without mentioning this. The person who posted the article in my opinion makes highly dubious claims and has been known to create misleading websites which favor the treatment provider he receives money from. See the last three posts on this tipna thread for evidence of this.

http://www.tipna.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=45

The persons whose websites the photo appears opposes not only PNE surgery but also the whole theory of nerve entrapment. Surgery for any nerve entrapment is opposed on there. Nerves apparently do not become entrapped and nearly all pain is attributed to 'trigger points'. So this person is going to do their best to find the most terrifying photo they can possibly find. I have never heard of someone report the kind of bruising seen on that photo.

No one should rush into surgery , it is a big decision and you need to consider all of your options. Surgery is highly invasive. In some respects the website you posted from is right to advise caution before making a decision. I object to that website because of its absolute refusal to consider opposing theories.

I agree with you Karyn. Scarring is not a concern for me. No loving girlfriend,boyfriend or spouse is going to object to scars. Getting better is is the main goal.
Last edited by Charlie on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Charlie wrote:So this person is going to do their best to find the most terrifying photo they can possibly find. I have never heard of someone report the kind of bruising seen on that photo.
It wouldn't surprise me to know that the photo was digitally altered in order to cause it to be upsetting. The website itself looks and reads like a tabloid news offering. At no time does it look objective, scientific, or even professional. To me there is no reason to assume that the photo is truthful, especially when you consider that it's posted below another found on the internet that shows no bruising that's in any way comparable.
Last edited by Celeste on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi there, Charlie! :D
Charlie wrote:I appreciate you don't want comments on the article itself however when considering the photo you should also consider the source of information you are viewing. It is relevant.
Well, yes, I realize that. ;) That's why I suggested we could discuss the article itself in another thread. I just wanted to discuss the bruising for this particular topic because I don't know what the norm is for this surgery.
Celeste wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to know that the photo was digitally altered in order to cause it to be upsetting.
No, I don't doubt it, either! Which is why I wanted clarification from REAL people. :)
GraceUnderFire wrote:Well, thank you for crushing my dreams and aspirations to be a butt model. The stretch marks after 4 giant children killed my bikini modeling days and now this. Whatever shall I do? Wonder if there is a market for ankle modeling ?

Please forgive my very skewed sense of humor. It is how I try to cope with this nightmare. My husband has promised me that I can get a tatoo to cover up my butt scars - I DONT THINK SO! I never want to do anything that even remotely hurts any where near my tush again!!

Then again ... perhaps we come up with a PNE tatoo design and we make "butt calendars" to raise funds to promote PN awareness. OMG - I have to get back to work - way, way, way too much time on my hands

On the serious side, I am very glad to know of this bruising as I had not been aware of it previously. Knowing before surgery will prevent me from freaking out after, for which my husband thanks you very much.

So thankyou for sharing this information.
And thank you, Grace for the LOL! :lol: I love your sense of humor! :lol:
Warmest of regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Kryn,
That black imaging could be result of infection after Dr Hibner's surgery.

Kin Regards,
li
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
RJR

Post by RJR »

Hi,
No bruising for me. Dr Hibner uses a Wound Vac system for 4 days post-op that facilitated quick healing.
My modeling days are gone, but I got botox'd and a nice close shave.
Life is good,
RR
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi,
Good to hear that.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

While my surgery was in a different location, my bruising is much worse than that photo. I'm basically black and blue from my pubic bone all the way to my butt and my right butt has major bruising on the lower part of it. Dr Dellon suggested I put a warm washrag on it to get the blood flowing and start it reabsorbing back into my system. Haven't done that yet but probably will try today.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum

Return to “SURGERY”