New here from Germany and have cured my PGAD/PN

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Carla

Re: New here from Germany and have cured my PGAD/PN

Post by Carla »

Push it to say that I am symptom free for years now,

only use Duloxetin anymore, because it helps a lot with my depression.

No other medication or treatment anymore.

There is HOPE! Do research and stay in faith.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Carla,

Glad to hear you are symptom free! I was looking at some of your previous posts. Do you think the myoma you had that was pressing on the sacral nerve was the cause of your symptoms and do you feel that the hysterectomy that you had was what relieved your symptoms or do you think it is duloxetine that relieves your symptoms?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Carla

Post by Carla »

Yes, I think it was caused by several things at once:

The big myoma, which pressed on the nerve
I was on hormon replacement therapy and stopped it suddenly
I was on anti-depressants and stopped them suddenly
I got into menopause

So there were a LOT of reasons to get PGAD and that made it very complicated to find the cause and what to do.

But I think it was that way, that the hormon replacement therapy startet the myoma to grow very large.

Weeks after the hysterectomy the symptoms were still there, but I think it is normal, because the nerve needs time to recover from the pressure.
Duloxetin and pregabalin helped me through this time, because I didn't suffer from the symptoms anymore. But also these pills need TIME to work and I am a very impatient person.
Give them a few weeks to work.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for the explanation, Carla.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Balenul

Post by Balenul »

Is a multifactorial disease Violet as we talked alot in private.Imo is curable for many but with huge patience and good doctors only.
Madison

Post by Madison »

That's wonderful news! I'm sure it was a huge relief for the meds to work so well. Do you think you'll have to be on these meds for a long time, or do you think you can go off of them?

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”