PN CAUSE AND SOLUTION!

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
lessthanjake

Re: PN CAUSE AND SOLUTION!

Post by lessthanjake »

Hi !!

Let me update:

Last days since Last POST: ZERO PELVIC PAIN, NO BURNING, NO MORE PAIN AFTER PISS, AFTER POO, NOTHING.

Still feeling some pain in the back of the hip.
lessthanjake

Post by lessthanjake »

Forgot to say: I'm not taking any medicament. Nothing.
SkolHope

Post by SkolHope »

This is so encouraging to read, thanks for updating!

Can you describe what feels "different" and how the pain feels like it's gone "away". Like with more hip mobility, do your muscles feel more relaxed which lessens the PN pain?

I'm getting my FAI and labral tear fixed this coming November and this post just makes me feel so hopeful for the future. If you could please continue to update on your progress I would greatly appreciate it!
clm

Post by clm »

What causes PN-proness? Injury or developmental anatomy, or combo? I too developed PN after a hip (decompression) surgery in 2003 - Except, my PN was not Crushed until two years after that surgery, in 2005. After the 2003 surgery, we now know, that my hip began to rotate on a badly-deformed femur head (broke femur at age nine-months; normal, painless activities until low-back pain at age 45.). Computer imaging/visualization, static and dynamic, technology is getting better all the time. I am wishing for a giant spreadsheet, checklist, plus precise measurements from imaging, to help us figure out what causes PN-proneness, plus how to fix it, and related, for all of its causes? I’ve been blessed to have some brilliant surgeons, and I think we also need the support of more intensive, massive, multi-disciplinary, mathematical imaging computer technology that can precisely and wholely, help individually image and diagnose PN, and hip, spino-pelvic problems. I know there is hip-replacement software going in this direction - I wish for more, and sooner, though, just like is being done for space exploration and cinema, just for PN proneness and related. What precisely made us PN-prone, as well as prone to other nearby or chained ailments? Can all be repaired, or how best-managed, and in what order? What is PN-proneness - injury or developmental or a combo? Is it caused by bone abnormalities, like mal-formed femur heads, shallow hip sockets, …, or are there tissue abnormalities, like hypermobility, torn ligaments, or …, or a combo, like injury to an already mal-formed hip? I don’t have the medical or technical background to do this, but if anyone out there can, just beginning with a diagnostic spreadsheet, then into imaging, I am certain it could help relieve so much PN and related misery, worldwide. Bless you all. Hang in there.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It's a great idea but pretty complicated. Dr. Bautrant told me that he sees PNE run in families so I believe there is a genetic component. But there could be lots of different variables such as your musculoskeletal build and whether you have a tight ligamental grip at the ischial spine, genetic collagen deficiencies that cause you to have lax ligaments, or other possible variables. But also there is often a trigger such as an injury or exercise that can trigger the symptoms. So, someone with a genetic predisposition who exercises heavily might get PN while someone with a similar genetic predisposition who doesn't exercise heavily might not get it. Or, someone who exercises heavily but doesn't have a genetic predisposition to PN, might not get it. I'm not sure how you would make a spread sheet for all of those variables but it's an intriguing idea.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mudcrab

Post by mudcrab »

Wondering if lessthanjake or skolhope can follow-up on post-surgery symptoms?
Has anyone else has seen resolution of PN symptoms following labral/chondral/FAI repair?
Has anyone experienced lessening of PN symptoms by strengthening hip rotators?

Personally, in addition to PN, have sciatica and spasm/tenderness of hip stabilizer muscles: obturator, piriformis, glute min/medius, quad femoris, etc.
PN/sciatic pain is worse as muscle spasm increases. I'm able to mitigate symptom explosion if I lay on my sides all day and minimize hip loading.
MRI indicates labral tear/cam FAI/chondral fissure on PN side. Hip pain is not significant in my case.

Curious if PN is a known sequela of hip pathology or if anyone has seen research regarding.
Have been reading on hip microinstability and impacts to nearby musculature.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mudcrab,

You could check out Lernica's most recent posts about her successful hip repair if you go to Advanced search in the upper right corner and type her name in the Author box.

Jax87 also posted about her success with FAI repair at the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6739&p=50132#p50132

Sorry, I don't know enough about it to answer your questions.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Wrong-part

Post by Wrong-part »

I have a question for OP:
Were you having pelvic floor dysfunction prior to your labrum surgery, and if so, did the Labral repair surgery fix it?
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

lessthanjake wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:21 pm Hi ! Let me introduce first: 37 yo, male. In july of 2018 something happened to me. First of all, my penis "died". No sensibility. No erection. Flacid, cold.
After this short period, things changed: high sensibility, burning, pain after pissing, pain on ejaculating, pain on then scrotum. Same case of everybody here : lots of urologists. Lots of tests. No IST, no prostatitis, no bactérias, everything normal on the tests. I started to have anal burning too. Várious proctologists . Nothing abnormal. I started.to freak out. Everything got worst 5 months later with strong.hip pain ....buttocks....inguinal region, groin, . I thought that i was Crazy. I thought that i was fighting against Three problems now: anal, penis and hip.

I was diagnosed with a hip labral tear on the left hip and FAI.

After everyday researching, studing pelvic anatomy, talking with people around the world, i found a connection between HIP Labral Tear and PN.

Let me explain: If you look for the pelvic anatomy, there's no connection between the Head of the fêmur or acetabulum with the pudendal nerve. They are in distinct areas.
But, there's an important information: one of the most common complications of the hip arthroscopy is the pudendal neuralgy. Why? Something happens when the doctor dislocates the Head of the fêmur tô fix the labrum ir acetabulum. For a reason, pudendal nerve is stretched. Whe are talking about a minimum dislocation. Less than 10cm. And It can cause a long pudendal neuralgy.

So, labrum represents 20% of the fêmur Head coverage. Is one of the most important things that keep your femur Head on the place that its must tô be. When you have a labral tear, you Lose this. Then the Head of your femur starts to move out,. You keep stretching your pudendal nerve constantly. PT can give you some relief of course: you gain muscles that help tô mantain your fêmur Head on the place. But the effect is limited. The only way tô solve that IS fix the labrum or replace the hip.

Thats It. I talked with many people that, after hip arthroscopy, started to have a normal life again.

I remember the week when everything started: i was playing soccer and i felt my leg getting out of the place...failing.......probably was the moment of the labrum lesion. And my pudendal nerve stretching at that time, causing the loss of sensibility. And then, after some days, he got inflamed, the body restsuring him, causing the pains.

I am waiting for my hip arthroscopy, which i think will happens next days.
Nothing abnormal. I started.to freak out. Everything got worst 5 months later with strong.hip pain ....buttocks....inguinal region, groin, . I thought that i was Crazy. I thought that i was fighting against Three problems now: anal, penis and hip.
Hip labral tear does not cause these complaints.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”